We are delighted to announce the newest recipients of our Australian Property Research and Education Fund (APREF) Scholarships for 2024.
Congratulations to our newest awardees!
Advancing Women in Property Scholarship
- Jessica Dixon from Ashtonfield (Maitland) NSW. Jessica will return to work this year at WBP Valuers in Newcastle, after concluding her maternity leave following her 2021 birth and will begin studies in the Bachelor of Business (Property) at Western Sydney University
- Sarah Wake from Coningham, Tasmania – beginning studies in Bachelor of Property Economics at QUT remotely
- Claire Rakeman from Gympie, Queensland – beginning studies in Bachelor of Property Economics at QUT
- Fynn Hatfield from Echuca, Victoria – beginning studies in Bachelor of Property Development, Investment and Valuation (Honours) at RMIT
Rob Hecek Scholarship
- Suhaib Gessey from Western Sydney, New South Wales. Suhaib Gessey is currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Business (Property) at Western Sydney University, due to graduate this year and will be supported through the scholarship to complete his final year.
APREF scholarships provide financial support to students who study an API-accredited university degree in Property. The scholarship funding is awarded for the duration of an API-accredited property valuation degree.
Recipients also access support from senior property professionals who act as a mentor during their studies.
We look forward to supporting these students through their property degrees and welcoming them into the property profession.