Take the first step in your career as a property professional!
Open to those who have completed an API accredited course, this level of membership recognises your academic achievements, provides full access to member benefits, whilst also allowing the use of post nominals PMAPI. This Membership category is ideal for students upon graduation who are seeking to obtain either of the following two certifications:
All fees include GSTApply for membership
As a Provisional Member you are on the pathway to becoming an RPV or CPV. To help you on your way you gain the following benefits:
- Use of PMAPI post-nominals indicating your level of experience and dedication to the profession
- Access Member-only news, information, resources and rewards
- Discount Member rates at all applicable events, courses and webinars
- Get listed on our Find a Property Professional directory
- Ability to apply for RPV certification
- Receive our monthly career centre email with all current listings
- Ability to participate in special interest groups, working groups and committees
- Unique opportunities. to network and build relationships with property professionals and industry leaders
With close to 7,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
Must have completed an API accredited course.
Online application including:
- Full completion of profile
- Upload all required documentation
- Copy of your degree certificate and/or Academic Transcript
- Completion of Member declaration
Membership is active once application has been completed, approved and the fee paid.
Ongoing requirements of Provisional Membership include the payment of annual fee as well as the completion of 20 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) per year in accordance with the API CPD Policy.
How long is the process?
Provisional Membership Applications take approximately 5 business days to process once all required information is received.
If you are hoping to progress to a higher level of Membership in the future, (including PMAPI (RPV)), please check the eligibility requirements of that Membership.