Get your property career off to a flying start as a Student Member
Student membership is available to all students, whether studying at an Australian University or TAFE or overseas. They are able to receive a range of unique benefits including substantial discounts on events, online courses, webinars and resources, and have full access to the Member Rewards Program, the Young Property Professionals Program and a tailored student membership pathway. Student membership fee is payable just once for the lifetime of the degree in which you applied under.
All fees include GSTApply for membership
Access the Young Property Professional Program, offering student members additional opportunities including:
- Invitations and discounted registration to unique events created for Young Property Professionals across the country, including networking and professional development events
- Apply to join the YPP Committee in their state of residence
- Participate in API Mentoring Programs
- Participate in API Student Volunteer Programs
- Unique opportunities to network and build relationships with property professionals and industry leaders, including future employers
- Access to resources, standards and technical content
- Daily industry updates from Australian Property Journal, one of the API Member Rewards Partners plus weekly Member News and What’s On delivered straight to your inbox
- Access to the API Career Centre to help you progress your career to the next level
With close to 7,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
- Must be studying full time or part time
- Must have a valid student number or provide proof of enrolment
Online application including:
- Full completion of profile
- Upload of required documentation
- Valid Student Number
- Expected completion date
- Completion of Member declaration
Membership is active once application has been completed, approved and the fee has been paid.
- Maintain standing as a part time/full time student, membership is current for the life on the degree originally applied under
How long is the application process?
Student Membership Applications take approximately 5 business days to process once all information has been received.
If you are hoping to progress to a higher level of membership after you complete your course you should check that the course you are studying is accredited for the level of Membership and Certification you are seeking.
International students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine what additional requirements there might be before being able to gain an API Professional Membership. If you are interested in gaining an API Certification when your studies are complete, please visit our Certifications page for further information on requirements and accredited courses.
What our members are saying
Whether it be with other students or non-students, the connections you make through the API are ones you wouldn't usually be able to make. Joining up is a fantastic opportunity and one that a property student shouldn't miss!
The property industry is all about who you know - get your foot in the door by attending events to network and meet Members and other property professionals across your state.
Enjoy the experience of being pushed out of your comfort zone, which is great for personal development and networking. Having the opportunity to network is a fabulous experience, no matter your age!