Get your property career off to a flying start as a Student Member
Student membership is available to all students, whether studying at an Australian University or TAFE or overseas. They are able to receive a range of unique benefits including substantial discounts on events, online courses, webinars and resources, and have full access to the Member Rewards Program and the Young Property Professionals Program.
All fees include GSTApply for membership
Young Property Professionals
The Young Property Professional Program offers student members additional opportunities including:
- Invitations and discounted registration to unique events created for Young Property Professionals across the country, including networking and professional development events
- Apply to join the YPP Committee in their state of residence
- Participate in API Mentoring Programs
- Participate in API Student Volunteer Programs
- Unique opportunities to network and build relationships with property professionals and industry leaders, including future employers
- Access to resources, standards and technical content
- Daily industry updates from Australian Property Journal, one of the API Member Rewards Partners plus weekly Member News delivered straight to your inbox
- Opportunities to participate in the API Student Volunteer Program at both a state and national level
- Access to the API Career Centre to help you progress your career to the next level
With close to 8,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
What documentation do I need to apply?
All students must provide a valid student number and expected completion date for your current course. International students may be required to provide proof of enrolment.
- Must be studying full time or part time
- Must have a valid student number (API may contact the university or TAFE to confirm status. Proof of enrolment may be required)
- Online application
- Membership is active once application has been completed and fee paid
Student Members may not:
- Nominate for State Committee or API Ltd Board
- Vote in State Committee or API Ltd Board elections
- Use any API post-nominals
- Hold an API certification
- Maintain standing as a part time/full time student
- No requirement for accrual of Continuing Professional Development points
If you are hoping to progress to a higher level of membership after you complete your course you should check that the course you are studying is accredited for the level of membership and certification you are seeking.
International students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine what additional requirements there might be before being able to gain an API Professional Membership. If you are interested in gaining an API Certification when your studies are complete, please contact email@example.com for further information on requirements and accredited courses.