Stay Connected with your Profession
For those who are on parental leave from employment but want to stay in touch and up-to-date with industry information. The Parental Leave membership is the API’s membership level for those that are taking time away and will be seeking to return to the profession within 6 years.
This option is only available as a transfer from an existing membership.
All fees include GST however a transaction fee may be applied.Apply for membership
- Retention of API Postnominals
- Stay Connected with the property industry
- Access Member-only news, information, resources and rewards
- Discount Member rates at all applicable events, courses or webinars
- Unique opportunities to network and retain relationships with your peers
- Complimentary annual Risk Management Module
- Complimentary annual Ethics Module
- Adjusted re-admission process
With close to 7,000 Members, the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
- This level of membership is available only to those who are current financial API Members.
- Member to be taking Parental Leave from employment. Parental leave is leave that can be taken when a person gives birth, their spouse or de facto partner gives birth, or they adopt a child under 16 years of age.
- Maximum time able to retain parental leave membership is 6 consecutive years.
- Continued membership of this category requires payment of an annual fee as prescribed by API
- Completion of the annual Risk Management Module
Online application within Member portal including:
- Full completion of profile
- Completion of Parental Leave Membership Declaration form – sent to [email protected]
- Completion of API transfer review
Membership is active once the application has been completed in full, approved and the fee paid.
Should you wish to be re-admitted to your prior Membership level, please be sure to review our re-admission requirements.
Your continuity of former level of membership will restart when re-admitted, API will provide confirmation of former years of service upon request.
How long is the process?
Parental Leave Membership Applications take approximately 5 business days to process once all information has been received.
Upon approval, we will send you confirmation of your Membership change.
Get your Parental Leave Membership today
With close to 7,000 Members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.