Stay Connected with your Profession
For those who are on parental leave from employment but want to stay in touch and up-to-date with industry information. The Parental Leave membership is the API’s membership level for those that are taking time away and will be seeking to return to the profession within 6 years.
This option is only available as a transfer from an existing membership.
All fees include GST however a transaction fee may be applied.Apply for membership
- Retention of API Postnominals
- Stay Connected with the property industry
- Access Member-only news, information, resources and rewards
- Discount Member rates at all applicable events, courses or webinars
- Unique opportunities to network and retain relationships with your peers
- Complimentary annual Risk Management Module
- Complimentary annual Ethics Module
- Adjusted re-admission process
With close to 7,000 Members, the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
- This level of membership is available only to those who are current financial API Members.
- Member to be taking Parental Leave from employment. Parental leave is leave that can be taken when a person gives birth, their spouse or de facto partner gives birth, or they adopt a child under 16 years of age.
- Maximum time able to retain parental leave membership is 6 consecutive years.
- Continued membership of this category requires payment of an annual fee as prescribed by API
- Completion of the annual Risk Management Module
Online application within Member portal including:
- Full completion of profile
- Completion of Parental Leave Membership Declaration form – sent to [email protected]
- Completion of API transfer review
Membership is active once the application has been completed in full, approved and the fee paid.
Should you wish to be re-admitted to your prior Membership level, please be sure to review our re-admission requirements.
Your continuity of former level of membership will restart when re-admitted, API will provide confirmation of former years of service upon request.
How long is the process?
Parental Leave Membership Applications take approximately 5 business days to process once all information has been received.
Upon approval, we will send you confirmation of your Membership change.