Introducing our newest Membership category!
Our newly introduced MAPI membership offers a broad range of property professionals entry into the API. Suited to property professionals working in a range of sectors including government, asset management, infrastructure projects, property finance, facilities management, property development, banking and law who are looking to further develop their careers.
MAPI Membership offers both academic and non academic entry pathways via either proof of a completed a degree, or by demonstrating 3 years of relevant professional property experience.
All fees include GSTApply for membership
- Stay connected with the property industry
- Use of MAPI post-nominals indicating your level of experience and dedication to the profession
- Access member only news, information, resources and rewards
- Discounted Member rates at all applicable events, courses and webinars
- Get listed in our Find a Property Professional directory
- Ability to apply for a range of certifications
- Receive our monthly career centre email with all current listings
- Ability to participate in special interest groups, working groups and committees
- Unique opportunities to network and build relationships with property professionals and industry leaders
With close to 7,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
- Must have completed a university degree (or equivalent), or
- Must have worked within the property industry for a period of three years or more
- Must not be currently undertaking valuation work, with exception to those working within the public sector
Online application including:
- Full completion of profile
- Upload all required documentation
- Copy of degree certificate, or
- Current CV outlining minimum three years property experience
- Completion of Member declaration
Membership is active once application has been completed, approved and fee paid.
Ongoing requirements of the MAPI Membership include the payment of annual fee as well as the completion of 10 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) per year in accordance with the API CPD Policy.
How long is the process?
MAPI Membership Applications take approximately 5 business days to process once all information has been received.
If you are hoping to progress to a higher level of Membership in the future, please check the eligibility requirements for that Membership. You may be eligible to complete a Certification in conjunction with your MAPI Membership – further details are available on our Certifications page.