Fellow Members have made significant contributions to both the API and to the broader property profession. They are recognised as leaders within the property industry and experts in their area of specialisation.
All fees include GSTApply for membership
- Use of FAPI post nominals indicating your level of experience and dedication to the profession
- Access Member only news, information, resources and rewards
- Discount Member rates at all applicable events, courses or webinars
- Get listed on our Find a Property Professional Directory
- Voting rights at State and National level
- Ability to apply for a range of certifications
- Ability to participate in special interest groups, working groups and committees
With close to 7,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
To be eligible for admission as a Fellow member of the API, an individual must:
- have been a Member of the API for a period of at least 10 years immediately prior to the date of application;
- have practiced in the property profession in full-time employment for an aggregated total of 10 years prior to the date of application;
- have been engaged in a senior position for at least five years;
- be recommended in writing by at least three Fellows to whom the applicant is personally known, one of whom was at one time a supervisor or manager of the applicant;
- have an established professional reputation and high ethical standards and be held in high esteem within the property profession.
In addition, applicants must satisfy (with evidence) the following criteria:
- Has made a significant personal contribution over a reasonable period to the API through serving on a local, state or national committee or working group;
- Has contributed to the development and dissemination of property knowledge;
- Has demonstrated leadership in a property discipline; and
- Has made a substantial contribution to the advancement of the industry and/or property profession.
Online application including:
- Full completion of profile
- Upload of required documentation
- Copy of CV detailing work history
- 3 referee reports
- Evidence of meeting criteria (may be a statement outlining contribution to profession)
- Completion of member declaration
- Completion of API application review
Membership is active once application has been completed in full, approved and the fee paid.
What documentation do I need to apply?
ou may be eligible to complete a certification in conjunction with your FAPI membership, further details availability on our Certifications page.
Get your Fellow Membership today
Be a leader in the industry and show your expertise.