Certified Development Practitioner course
Gain the practical skills you need, led by industry experts. Our self-paced online learning program consists of nine learning modules. Each module explores practical components of property development.
Key learning outcomes of the program are:
- Re-development of heritage sites
- How to market a property successfully
- Emerging development trends
- How to solve problems on your site
Who is this program designed for?
- Professionals looking to add to their skillset
- Property professionals seeking a career change in the property development sector
- Early Career Graduates – students using this certification as a stepping-stone from a university degree into the workforce
All fees include GST however a transaction fee may be applied.
The Development Practitioner Program offers two pathways –
- API Member – Full certification pathway ‘Certified Development Practitioner’
- Non-Member – Non-certification pathway ’Development Practitioner’
- Introduction to Property Development
- Feasibility Analysis & Management
- Ethics & Professional Conduct
- Risk Management
- Contracts & Legal Frameworks
- Project Management
- Property Marketing
- Elective: Assessment Certification
Are there any pre-requisites?
There are no pre-requisites to undertake the non-certification pathway – Development Practitioner program.
For those who wish to become Certified and select Elective: Module 10 – Assessment Certification, you are required to be either:
- A current API Member (MAPI or above)
- Apply to become an API MAPI (Member of the Australian Property Institute) member
For those who aren’t a current member of the API, or hold a Student or Connect membership, and would like to apply for their API MAPI membership click here.
MAPI membership requires:
- Completion of a university degree (or equivalent), or
- Work experience in the property industry for a period of three years or more
- Must not be currently undertaking valuation work, with an exception to those working within the public sector
How much does it cost?