Fellow Members of the API are the leaders in Australian property. Fellow Membership is for those who have made a significant contribution to the API and to the broader property professions. It is the highest Membership level available within the API that can be accessed via an application from a Member.
Any existing Associate Member of the API can apply to become a Fellow once the following criteria have been met:
- have been an Associate member of the API for a period of at least 10 years immediately prior to the date of application
- have practised in the property profession in full-time employment for an aggregated total of 10 years prior to the date of application
- be recommended in writing by at least three existing Fellows or Life Fellows to whom the applicant is personally known
- have satisfied the Divisional Council that the applicant is a person of good character and repute
- have an established professional reputation and high ethical standards and be held in high esteem with the property profession
Fellow Members are identified by the post-nominal FAPI. Any and all Certifications held by the member as an Associate automatically transfer to Fellow Membership upon successful completion of the process.
Fellow Members receive unrestricted access to the Institute’s full range of services including member rates on all of our professional development and networking events.
What documents will you need to complete your application?
|Please download and complete the Application Form. You may wish to attach additional pages to provide a response to the Criteria (see point 3 below)|
|Three Referees are required. Each of your Referees will need to complete a Referee Report which can either be returned direct to the API or to the applicant to submit with their application.|
|3.||Response to the Criteria|
|Respond to Fellowship criteria as detailed above|
To apply Fellow Membership:
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Scan the completed Application Form for uploading
- Add the Fellow Membership Application Fee to Cart below and complete the purchase
- Step by step guide to completing your application
- Fellow Membership Application Form
- Fellow Membership Explanatory Notes
- Referee Report templates
- Frequently Asked Questions on Membership