Associate Membership recognises your academic qualifications and industry experience.
Open to those who have completed an API accredited course and who have at least two years’ experience within the past four years, Associate Members may use AAPI post nominals and have full access to member benefits and voting rights at state and national level.
If you don’t yet have the required experience, you can apply for a MAPI Membership.
All fees include GSTApply for membership
- The addition of AAPI post nominals to help you stand out when looking for new roles.
- All Member benefits, including Member discounts, industry news, voting rights and more.
- Ability to apply for a range of certifications
- Get listed on our Find a Property Professional Directory
With close to 8,000 members the API provides leadership, education, resources and services to the property industry.
All applicants are required to meet API’s academic entry criteria and must complete the Future Property Professionals Program prior to application. They must also have accrued a minimum of 2 years’ experience obtained in the previous 4 years.
Competence is assessed through assessment of work experience, sample reports and a Professional Interview.
What is the eligibility for Associate Membership?
All applicants must:
- Meet the educational requirements and prerequisites for Associate membership and the relevant certification
- Meet the relevant experience requirements for Associate membership and the relevant certification
What documentation do I need to apply?
How long is the process?
Depending on the certification, applications for the Associate Membership can take approximately three months to complete, including the professional interview process.
Once your membership has been approved you will receive a pro rata invoice for the membership fee. Your membership is only active once payment has been received.
There is a fee associated with enrolling in the Certification Report and Interview course on line.