APREF is pleased to support academic research exploring topics critical to The Australian Property Industry.
View our library of published research.
Each year APREF releases defined call topics open to Australian researchers to apply for research grants. The current defined call Research topics are:
- Topic 1: The Property Industry Workforce – a workforce for the future. This may include data and technology, inspectionless valuations, skills of the future valuer, property education or How prop-tech could change the property profession.
- Topic 2: Affordable Housing and Valuation – This may include metro or regional housing affordability or pathways to increasing affordable housing availability or build to rent model and valuation guidance.
- Topic 3: Impacts of Pandemic and Post-pandemic Shifts in consumer behaviour on retailing and retail property.
- Topics 4: Is the Profession accurately Valuing Sustainability? This may include factors that play a role in valuation in accordance with ESG principles.
Applications are currently closed.
For any enquiries please contact [email protected].
- University of NSW (Associate Professor Chyi Lin Lee) Future Workforce for the Property Industry – Are We Ready for the Change?
- University of Melbourne (Associate Professor Georgia Warren-Myers) Quantifying the value of ESG and the future of real estate valuation
- Deakin University Housing market resilience in Australia: 2000 – 2021
- RMIT Towards more inclusive equality and diversity for the Australian valuation industry
- University of New South Wales and University of South Australia Towards understanding the dynamics of the regional property markets of Australia: Spatio-temporal analysis, predictive modelling, and visualising of sales in regional SA and NSW
- QUT Big Visual Data Analysis using Artificial Intelligence for Mass Valuation of Residential Properties in Australia
- QUT and University of Melbourne Valuation @ Risk
- University of Melbourne Urban densification through private land assembling in inner and middle suburbs for decentralised mixed/single-use build to rent development
- RMIT Black Swan Events, Quantitative Easing and the Australian Residential Property Market
The Australian Property Research and Education Fund offers tertiary education scholarships to support students in accessing and completing their desired property economic and valuation degrees.
The Peter Barrington Gold Medal Award encourages research and excellence in the study of land economy.