Bushfire Prone Areas
New State planning policy, State Planning Policy 3.7 Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas (SPP 3.7) was gazetted on Monday 7 December 2015. SPP 3.7 directs how land use should address bushfire risk management in Western Australia. It applies to all land which has been designated as bushfire prone by the Fire and Emergency Services (FES) Commissioner. Prior to this policy being put in place, Western Australia was faced with catastrophic bushfires, of which badly hit areas Margaret River and Toodyay suffered greatly.
- Roger Banks, Principal and Partner, Strategen Environmental Consultants
- Marsella Chiang, Senior Structural Engineer, Structerre
- Cameron Maclean, Partner, DLA Piper
- David Moore, Director/ Head of Commercial, Opteon Property Group
- Ben Harvey, Director, Policy and Priority Initiatives, Department of Planning
- Samantha Kennedy, Principal Policy Officer, Office of Bushfire Risk Management
- This event was recorded in 2016 in Perth
- This recording is provided as a DVD
- Viewing this video in its entirety and completing a written summary will entitle the purchaser to claim up to 2 CPD points
- Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 days.