Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or Fellow Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS) seeking to join API are entitled to a use a pathway to API membership known as Direct Entry. The details are as follows:
- Members or Fellow Member of RICS with 10 years’ full membership (deemed to be the equivalent of API Associate or Fellow Membership) and 10 years' relevant work experience are eligible for Direct Entry to Associate Membership of the API.
In practice this simply means:
- No Professional Interview, although the API reserves the right to interview applicants. Such an interview, if determined appropriate, is to be in line with the Membership Induction process in the first instance.
- Nomination by three Fellows or Associate Members of the API.
- Applicants must:
- have a current CPD record meeting the API requirements
- provide a resume setting out relevant experience.
- successfully complete the following FPP modules:
- Introduction to API Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct
- Professional Standards
Those wishing to be granted the Certified Practising Valuer certification must have also successfully completed an API approved Risk Management Module.
All RICS Members who do not meet the criteria outlined below will be reviewed by the API who will provide guidance to the applicant about the pathway to API membership.
To start the process, please complete the form on the Membership via Reciprocity page.