Re-admission to API Membership
The API has rules which indicate the steps required for former Members who are seeking to be readmitted and for non-practising and retired members who are seeking to have their practising membership restored.
The API will contact you after reviewing you your readmission form to request additional documentation according to whether you are a former member or Non Practising Member or Retired Member.
For the API to consider your re-admission, please complete the re-admission form.
The following is a statement of what will be required from former members, Non-Practising Members and Retired members seeking readmission:
- Completion of 20 CPD points in the 12 months immediately preceding application for readmission; and
- Completion of the Risk Management Module where the applicant is seeking Residential Property Valuer or Certified Practising Valuer; and
- Completion of the Professional Interview (including provision of 3 work samples specific to the applicant’s primary area of work) where the applicant has not been a Member, been a Non-Practising Member or Retired Member for more than 5 years, immediately prior to the date of application; or
- Completion of a Member Induction where the applicant has not been a Member, been a Non-Practising Member or Retired Member for fewer than 5 years immediately prior to the date of application.
Former members seeking to be readmitted must also provide:
- Payment of a re-admission fee - $88; and
- Statement of work history for the two year period preceding application for readmission; and
- Any unpaid dues from the year in which the former member allowed their membership to lapse.
|Former members||Non Practising & Retired Members||Non Practising (Parental Leave) Members*|
|20 CPD points prior to readmission||✓||✓||✕|
|Pro-rata CPD points during current year||✓||✓||✓|
|Risk Management Module (for Residential Property Valuer and Certified Practising Valuer) prior to readmission||✓||✓||✓|
|International Valuation Standards Module (for Residential Property Valuer and Certified Practising Valuer) prior to readmission||✓||✓||✓|
|Statement of Work history||✓||✕||✕|
|Professional Interview (> 5 years)||✓||✓||✕|
|Member Induction (< 5 years)||✓||✓||✕|
|Payment of any previously unpaid dues||✓||✕||✕|
|* Non Practising (Parental Leave) admission process only applies to members who have been on parental leave for up to 12 months|