Qualifications and Experience
Neil Laws FAPI. FREI. CEA (REIV) CPV: 62011
I have the following qualifications, experience and relevant professional memberships and designations:
• Associateship Diploma in Valuations (RMIT) 1976
• Fellow Member of the Australian Property Institute
• Fellow Member of the Real Estate Institute of Australia
• Specialist Retail Valuer under Retail Leases Act 2003
• Past President of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria
• Registered Valuer since 1980.
• Licensed Estate Agent since 1990.
Thirteen years’ experience with the Victorian Valuer – Generals Office – six in Melbourne before decentralising to Geelong in 1979. Entered private practice in Geelong 1984. Established Jens-Gaunt Real Estate (Bellarine) Pty Ltd 1988. Independent Consultant Valuer since 2008.
Broad experience in the Valuation of a wide range of property types in the City of Greater Geelong, Colac – Otway and Surf Coast Shires and on the Bellarine Peninsula for a range of purposes including Family Law, Compensation following Compulsory Acquisition, Litigation, Asset Management, Rental Determinations, Capital Gains Tax and Sale or Purchase.
Recent (2015 – 2021) extensive experience locally being engaged by the Valuer Generals Office Victoria to provide a number of Compensation Valuations resulting from the acquisition by VicRoads of land for the duplication of the Princes Highway between Winchelsea and Colac, the construction of the Drysdale By-Pass and the duplication of Barwon Heads Road by VicRoads.
|Certifications||Certified Practising Valuer|