About the course
The Giving Expert Witness Short Course supports Members to present expert evidence in court. This course prepares those wishing to undertake an expert witness role in valuation and compensation matters in court.
The program includes an introduction module, a workshop presented by industry experts utilising a cross-examination scenario, and an online assessment.
- Understand the process of appointment of an expert, reporting requirements, joint statements, compulsory conferences and mediation, giving evidence in court.
- Demonstrate how to present expert evidence via examination in chief, cross-examination & re-examination.
- Discuss the Courts/Tribunals requirements of giving expert evidence and what this involves
- Introduction to Giving Expert Evidence (pre-workshop online module, 2.5 CPD points)
- Giving Expert Evidence Workshop (face-to-face workshop, 7 CPD points)
- Post Workshop Online Assessment (online module, 1 CPD point)
If you are interested in presenting or being a part of the workshop delivery for Giving Expert Evidence, please contact the Education Team giving a brief description of how you would like to be involved.
Introduction only (2.5 CPD)
If you are interested in undertaking the Introduction module to Giving Expert Evidence, please click here:
Enrol in the Online Introduction only
Please note – You can extend your learning to complete the full course at a later time if desired. The introduction module must be completed before attending the workshop and online assessment to complete the course in full.
Full course (10.5 CPD)
Requires attendance and completion of the 3 modules/workshops detailed above.
To register for a workshop in your state, please complete an Expression of Interest form below.