About the course
This blended-learning program provides guidance to API Members – particularly Certified Practicing Valuers – in giving in valuation and compensation matters in court.
- Explain the process of appointment of an expert, reporting requirements, joint statements, compulsory conferences and mediation, giving evidence in court.
- Demonstrate how to present expert evidence via examination in chief, cross-examination & re-examination.
- Discuss the Courts/Tribunals requirements of giving expert evidence and what this involves.
- Introduction to Giving Expert Evidence (pre-workshop online module, 2.5 CPD points)
- Giving Expert Evidence Workshop (face-to-face workshop, 7 CPD points)
- Post Workshop Online Assessment (online module, 1 CPD point)
If you are interested in presenting or being a part of the workshop delivery for Giving Expert Evidence, please contact the Education Team giving a brief description of how you would like to be involved.
Full Course (10.5 CPD)
Please complete the Expression of Interest form below and we will be in touch.
Introduction Only (2.5 CPD)
You can complete the online introduction as a stand-alone module (i.e. you do not have to do the other sections of the program). The introduction must be completed if you want to go on to the workshop and complete the full course.
Enroll in the Online Introduction only