A 4-day lockdown has been announced for Perth and Peel in effect from Tuesday 29 June 2021 until 12.01am, Saturday 3 July 2021. Full details here.
Permitted reasons to leave the home are restricted to:
- work if it’s not possible to work from home. Refer to the list of essential workers
- shop for essentials like groceries, medicine and necessary supplies, including click and collect, within 5km from your home or closest practicable location
- attend to medical or health care needs including emergencies, compassionate requirements and looking after the vulnerable
- exercise with a maximum of two adults from the same household (children under 18 years are not counted), limited to one hour per day within a 5km radius from home, and masks must be worn, except for vigorous exercise
- receive a COVID-19 vaccine, or
- leave due to an emergency (e.g. emergencies, fleeing domestic violence)
In addition to this masks are mandatory indoors, outside in public areas (except if doing vigorous exercise) and on public transport.
The Western Australian Government has specified that financial institutions are an essential provider and includes those whose work is essential for the continued operation of an essential provider.
For valuer Members, this will mean if valuation inspections are required for banks, you may leave your home to conduct them. Be mindful of the restrictions of visitors to homes and if you are not able to inspect a vacant property, refer to the API COVID-19 protocols.
It is important to familiarise yourself with API COVID-19 protocols available at our COVID-19 Hub.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
Here you will find a letter from API confirming that as a supporting service to the banks, you are able to conduct valuations where the work is required as part of an essential service.
CEO – Australian Property Institute
Posted on June 29, 2021