API State of Emergency Declaration
We have been monitoring the changing environment and reviewing when the State of Emergency can be declared over. Due to current economic uncertainty and the rising unemployment rate in Australia, the API declared State of Emergency needs to remain in place until further notice.
Updated Valuation Protocol – Significant Valuation Uncertainty
In light of the following:
- some restrictions easing in certain States and Territories;
- being three months on from the start of COVID-19;
- hearing anecdotal evidence that not all markets and asset classes are similarly affected by COVID-19; and
- the International Valuation Standards Council releasing a paper dealing with market uncertainty on 31 March 2020.
We have reviewed and refined the existing version of the Significant Valuation Uncertainty Protocol which applies to Valuer Members when undertaking valuations.
To view or download a copy of the updated valuation protocol, click here.
What are the key clarifications?
- the sample disclosure statement is only to be included where there is significant and not normal market uncertainty,
- it is up to the valuer to make a decision as to whether there is significant market uncertainty leading to significant valuation uncertainty,
- if the valuer deems there is significant valuation uncertainty, they must include a disclosure statement, in the valuation report,
- the same valuation process is to be undertaken for all valuations regardless of whether they are during COVID-19 or not; and
- the standard of investigation, assessments and reporting by members is the same during COVID-19.
If a Valuer Member deems in their professional opinion to not include a disclosure statement, they must confirm with their professional indemnity insurance policy, including any COVID-19 policy endorsements to ensure it permits exclusion.
To view or download a copy of the updated protocol, click here.
API Annual General Meeting 2020
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Australian Property Institute was held on Wednesday 27 May via webinar, our first virtual AGM, in line with many corporations and associations at…
LFAPI Admission - Phil Lyons
The API would like to congratulate Phil Lyons for receiving the membership status of Life Fellow. Since joining as a Student Member in 1966, Phil became an Associate in 1971…
2021 APIV New Scheme Survey - Reminder
The deadline for the 2021 New APIV Scheme Survey was Sunday, 31 May 2020. We have granted extensions to some of the firms, but we still need 200+ more firms…
Further Information on the Proposed AGM 2020 Motions
1. The Rationale The history of the API since 1988 reflects the desire on many occasions to broaden our membership base of property professionals. Our Members operate across the property…
How to participate in next week's AGM
Planning on attending next week’s AGM? Find out more about how to register and vote below. Date: Wednesday 27 May 2020 Time: 4:15pm AEST How to register: Members can participate and vote in the proceedings via…
Notification of new NSW State Chair
After 8 Years on the NSW State Committee including 2 years as Vice Chair and 4 years as Chair, I will be stepping down, as State Chair at the end…