The Australian Property Institute Limited (the API) is now calling for nominations for its State and Territory Committees.
Members of the API may nominate a person for the position on a State and Territory Committee. Please note that those nominating a candidate and the nominee must be financial Life Fellow, Fellow, Associate or Provisional Members of the API. The term of office for a State or Territory Committee Member is two years.
The following outlines the State and Territory vacancies to be filled in 2020:
- Australian Capital Territory – 5 seats
- New South Wales – 5 seats
- Northern Territory – 8 seats
- Queensland – 5 seats
- South Australia – 6 seats
- Tasmania – 5 seats
- Victoria – 7 seat
- Western Australia – 2 seats
Participating as a Member of your State or Territory Committee allows you to represent your fellow API members and contribute to the API’s advocacy, events and professional development agenda.
Have a voice
Participating as part of your State or Territory Committee gives you the opportunity to share your views on issues relevant to you, your company, your peers and the wider property industry.
Build your professional network by developing relationships with a group of dedicated, innovative and engaged members.
Support your industry
API advocates on behalf of its members and sets the standard for professionalism. Contribute to the discussions that inform these decisions.
Develop your skills
Committee Members are a diverse groups of industry professionals. As a Committee Member you can hone your skills in dealing with groups of people with differing viewpoints and gain valuable experience in collaboration and achieving positive outcomes.
Step up and demonstrate your leadership abilities and contribute to the building of a better API and property industry.
Objectives and role of a State or Territory Committee
The objective of State and Territory Committees is to:
- Represent the views and interests of API Members in your state.
- Support the Board and management in conveying key messages, strategic objectives and in seeking feedback from Members as required.
- Provide thought leadership and engage with Members on State & Territory based advocacy, legislative review and industry issues and opportunities.
- Provide a feedback mechanism for members to the Executive Leadership Team, CEO and Board.
All applications must consist of the following:
- A completed Nomination Form, with signature from Proposer, Seconder and Nominee
- A current portrait photograph; and
- A candidate statement – not exceeding 300 words. The candidate’s statement should provide details of the nominee’s history with the API, reason for nominating for the State or Territory Committee; and personal qualities that would contribute to the committee. It must not include statements of policy. The candidate’s statement will be subject to reformatting for distribution.
Nomination form can be found here: Download the Form
Nomination forms should be sent to the API Nominations Committee C/- General Manager Corporate Affairs by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at L4, The Capital, 155 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Closing Date: Thursday 20 August 2020 (5:00pm AEDT)
Posted on July 23, 2020
Changes to the FPP Program
The API would like to announce that the FPP program has been reviewed and rebranded as Practical Valuation Training (PVT). Commencing January 4th, 2021, the new program will be available…
Member Alert: Victorian Valuer Guidance Update
As we have done during the entire pandemic we are endeavouring to keep you as informed of developments as we are able to. Recently we have received a significant number…
API/APIV Member Alert Update: Requests for Letters of Comfort/Material Change to Valuer/Market Update
This update clarifies and expands on the Member Alert published on Friday 21 August 2020. This updated Member Alert replaces the previous guidance. The purpose of this Member Alert is to provide API Valuer…
Requests for Letters of Comfort/Material Change to Value/Market Update
The purpose of this Member Alert is to provide API Valuer Members with guidance when requested to provide a ‘letter of comfort’ or ‘material change’ or ‘market update’ advice. Download…
Important update for Victorian & Melbournian Members
Under the Victorian Government’s Stage 4 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions for Metropolitan Melbourne, from 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August, workplaces in Melbourne must be closed and employees required to work at…
COVID-19: Victoria Update
With the Victorian Government announcing new Stage 4 COVID-19 restrictions, I want to update you on how this affects the work of valuations across Victoria. Under Stage 4 ‘Stay at…