A seven-day lockdown has been announced for ACT in effect from 5:00pm today. Full details here.
Permitted reasons to leave the home are restricted to:
- To shop for essentials like groceries and medicine and supplies that are essential for personal needs or for vulnerable people
- To obtain essential health care, including to undertake a COVID-19 test or receive a scheduled COVID-19 vaccination
- To exercise outdoors for no more than one hour per day, with one other person, or your household group
- To provide essential caregiving services
- To undertake essential work
In addition to this masks are mandatory for everyone over 12 years, outside the home.
The ACT Government has specified that financial institutions are an essential provider and includes those whose work is essential for the continued operation of an essential provider.
For valuer Members, this will mean if valuation inspections are required for banks, you may leave your home to conduct them. You are also permitted to undertake valuation work to support the legal, government and insurance sectors which are accommodated under the ACT guidelines. Be mindful of the restrictions of visitors to homes and if you are not able to inspect a vacant property, refer to the API COVID-19 protocols.
It is important to familiarise yourself with API COVID-19 protocols available at our COVID-19 Hub.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
Here you will find a letter from API confirming that as a supporting service to the banks, you are able to conduct valuations where the work is required as part of an essential service.
CEO – Australian Property Institute
Posted on August 12, 2021