Call for Nominations – API State and Territory Committees
Applications closing 30 July 2021, 5:00pm AEDT
The Australian Property Institute Limited (the API) is now calling for nominations for its State and Territory Committees.
Members of the API may nominate a person for the position on a State and Territory Committee. Please note that those nominating a candidate and the nominee must be financial Life Fellow, Fellow, Associate or Provisional Members of the API. The term of office for a State or Territory Committee Member is two years.
The following outlines the State and Territory vacancies to be filled in 2021:
- Australian Capital Territory – 2 seats
- New South Wales – 5 seats
- Northern Territory – 2 seats
- Queensland – 6 seats
- South Australia – 2 seats
- Tasmania – 6 seats
- Victoria – 2 seat
- Western Australia – 5 seats
Participating as a Member of your State or Territory Committee allows you to represent your fellow API Members and contribute to the API’s advocacy, events and professional development agenda.
Have a voice
Participating as part of your State or Territory Committee gives you the opportunity to share your views on issues relevant to you, your company, your peers and the wider property industry.
Build your professional network by developing relationships with a group of dedicated, innovative and engaged Members.
Support your industry
API advocates on behalf of its Members and sets the standard for professionalism. Contribute to the discussions that inform these decisions.
Develop your skills
Committee Members are diverse groups of industry professionals. As a Committee Member, you can hone your skills in dealing with groups of people with differing viewpoints and gain valuable experience in collaboration and achieving positive outcomes.
Step up and demonstrate your leadership abilities and contribute to the building of a better API and property industry.
Objectives and role of a State or Territory Committee
The objective of State and Territory Committees is to:
- Represent the views and interests of API Members in your state.
- Support the Board and management in conveying key messages, strategic objectives and in seeking feedback from Members as required.
- Provide thought leadership and engage with Members on State & Territory based advocacy, legislative review and industry issues and opportunities.
- Provide a feedback mechanism for Members to the Executive Leadership Team, CEO and Board.
All applications must consist of the following:
- A completed Nomination Form including candidate statement, with a signature from Proposer, Seconder and Nominee
Nomination forms should be sent to the API Nominations Committee C/- Head of Member Services – Kristy Anderson by email to: [email protected] or by post at PO Box 8049 SUBIACO WA 6008.
Closing Date: Thursday 30 July 2021 (5:00pm AEDT)
Posted on July 7, 2021