Independent Valuers of Western Australia is a boutique valuation firm located in Mt Lawley. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated valuer to join our small team on a full time contract basis.
IVWA commonly undertakes more difficult and unusual valuation types in Perth and most regional areas of WA. Although the work atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, we are strongly committed to providing quality valuations that is only achieved through dedication to a high level of accuracy, thoroughness, and detail in our approach to valuation and reporting.
Your role in the team will be to provide a quality valuation product to private, corporate, bank and government clients in a timely manner. Where appropriate, you will assist in promoting the services of Independent Valuers of WA and mentor junior staff.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following essential skills and attributes (criteria):
- Current Land Valuers Licence under the Land Valuers Licensing Act
- Member of the Australian Property Institute either as an Associate or Fellow
- Have maintained CPV compliance
- Experience in residential and commercial/industrial valuations
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- The ability to use initiative and organisational skills, including strong time management and work flow prioritisation to meet client needs
- Positive, self-motivated attitude able to think autonomously and work with minimal supervision
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with sound verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated to undertake valuations in regional locations (short stays away from home may be required from time to time)
- Current driver’s licence
- Supply own vehicle (metropolitan area only) and phone
In addition, it is desirable that you also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Advanced Excel
- Experience in or strong desire to learn different and specialised valuation types including rural (broadhectare, market gardens, bird farms, etc), development, income producing property (hotels, caravan parks, etc), and compensation.
- Experience in regional locations
Remuneration is subject to qualifications, skills and experience. Additionally, we will pay your superannuation, and professional fees and insurance. We offer a bonus incentive scheme.
If you fit the above criteria and would like to join our dynamic, friendly and professional team, please provide your personal CV, redacted copies of two recent valuations (1 residential, 1 commercial), a brief outline demonstrating your ability to meet each of the essential criteria above as well as any of the desirable criteria relevant to your skills, experience or motivation.
Please address your application to Ross Lambert, Managing Director, and post to PO Box 277, Mount Lawley 6929 or email to Admin@ivwa.com.au. If you require further information, please call Ross Lambert on 0429 449 919.