Director Commercial and Special Valuations
Unique opportunity to lead commercial and special valuation services in a permanent full-time role with a flexible/hybrid working model. Negotiable location across NSW main offices in Newcastle, Parramatta, Coffs Harbour, Queanbeyan, Wollongong, Orange and Bathurst.
- Unique opportunity to lead commercial and special valuation services for Valuation NSW
- Permanent full-time role available with a flexible/hybrid working model
- Location negotiable across NSW with main offices in Newcastle, Parramatta, Coffs Harbour, Queanbeyan, Wollongong, Orange and Bathurst
- TRP from $210k to $234k including superannuation, commensurate with experience
Valuation NSW (VNSW) is a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation dedicated to delivering excellence in property valuation and assessment across NSW. We are currently seeking an experienced valuation professional to join our leadership team as the Director Commercial and Special Valuations.
As the Director Commercial and Special Valuations, you will play a pivotal role in leading the development and delivery of innovative and cost-effective valuation services, ensuring alignment with VNSW’s strategic objectives. This will include identifying and executing innovative arrangements for the commercial application of valuation information, services, and products for the organisation.
You will also be responsible for the provision of high-level authoritative property and valuation information, advice, and technical expertise with a focus on s.9A and s.20 of the Valuation of Land Act. This will require you to resolve complex valuation matters and contribute to mediation, conferencing, and dispute resolution in accordance with statute, case law, policies, and contract specifications.
This newly created role provides you with an exciting opportunity to develop and implement innovative approaches to commercial opportunities and partnerships whilst ensuring efficient and consistent valuation product and service specifications.
For more information read the full Role Description: dpie.nsw.gov.au/?a=604150
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly experienced valuation professional with significant experience managing a valuation practice comprising a range of valuation specialisms. You will also have extensive experience as a qualified valuer in compensation, land valuation and valuation consultancy. Additionally, you will be highly experienced in its statutory and regulatory valuation requirements.
It is essential that you are an experienced people leader who has a track record in delivering positive valuation results in fast paced, high volume environments. Your strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills will help you to deliver success in this role along with your ability to identify emerging issues, risks and opportunities to optimise business outcomes.
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for driving innovation in property valuation services, we want to hear from you!
- Tertiary qualifications in property, valuation and/or business
- Professional membership with either the Australian Property Institute or the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or be eligible to obtain)
- Specialist knowledge of valuation, compulsory acquisition compensation and land valuation
The Valuer General is an independent statutory officer, appointed by the Governor of New South Wales to oversee the State’s land valuation system.
Valuation NSW provides services to, supports, and where appropriately delegated, delivers relevant functions on behalf of the Valuer General of NSW. This includes:
- Defining and setting the standards and policies for the land valuation system for rating and taxing purposes along with the determination of compensation through the compulsory acquisition process to ensure integrity within the NSW Government is upheld.
- Making valuations as well as, monitoring, quality assurance and governance pertaining to the quality of the valuations undertaken relevant to both the Valuation of Land Act 1916 and the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991.
- Providing other specialised valuation activities, services and determinations as/when required for other cluster or statewide government partners; and
- Providing professional leadership and stewardship to the valuation industry.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role. All applications are to be submitted electronically via I Work for NSW: iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/director-strategy-and-advice-448666
Applications close on Wednesday 7 February 2024 at 11:55pm
Should you require further information about the role please contact Josh Etherington, Acting Chief Executive Officer via email to [email protected]
Please note, should you be shortlisted for an interview then interviews will be held virtually between 22 February and 29 February.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying: dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country