The Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania (NRE Tas) is committed to our vision of “building a sustainable Tasmania” where our natural resources, cultural values and environment are recognised and used sustainably to support our future prosperity.
NRE Tas is committed to investing in its people. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
As a Valuer, you will:
- Complete statutory valuations and assist with quality assurance checking of valuations on a statewide basis.
- Review valuations for statutory rating purposes, sale, purchase and rental of property undertaken by contract Valuers, on behalf of the Valuer-General.
- Liaise with government agencies, councils, contractors and public bodies on Office of the Valuer-General objectives, activities and valuation policy.
- Undertake client valuation and compulsory acquisition valuations across Tasmania when required and participate in negotiations towards settlement.
- Contribute to an ongoing review of work practices and implement improvements.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge and expertise in contemporary valuation principles and practices.
- Good project management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- A Degree in Business Studies (or similar), majoring in property valuations.
- A current motor vehicle driver’s licence.
- Meets the necessary qualifications to practice as a Land Valuer in accordance with the Land Valuers Act 2001.
- A permanent position with a competitive salary, superannuation contributions and salary sacrificing options.
- Work from home up to two days a week.
- Structured progression and professional development opportunities.
- Contemporary leave entitlements including cultural and disability leave.
- The chance to work across the amazing state of Tasmania brimming with outdoor adventure opportunities and experiences.
How to apply
Please apply online on the Tasmanian Government Jobs Website, jobs.tas.gov.au
Please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Refer to the Advice to Applicants document for further information.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact Recruitment via [email protected]
Applications close on Monday 22 January 2024 at 11:55pm (AEST) on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website.
For more information please contact
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0408 139 269
Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
$74,024 to $119,3801 pro rata, per annum + super
Valuation - Government and Statutory