Urbis is people focused, and we want the best for our team, our clients, and our communities. Our mission is about helping people create meaningful, sustainable cities & communities. Are you ready to shape cities and contribute to transformative projects? Apply now! Please reach out to [email protected] if you need assistance during the recruitment process for accessibility reasons.
Who we are:
Urbis is people focused, and we want the best for our team, our clients, and our communities. Our mission is about helping people create meaningful, sustainable cities & communities. We are a community of passionate problem solvers, sought out by clients for our fresh thinking and approach to their city-shaping projects. Here you will make a tangible difference and positive impact, while gaining incredible industry experience and broad ranging exposure to the most exciting work.
About our Student Internship Program:
At Urbis, we believe in empowering students to thrive and make a real impact on the cities of tomorrow. Our two year-long Student Internship Program (February 2024 to December 2025) will allow you to embed yourself within our Economics & Property team, where you will have the opportunity to participate in four distinct rotations. These rotations will offer you a comprehensive understanding of various teams and facets within our organisation, empowering you with a distinct advantage of industry experience that sets you apart from your peers.
As an intern at Urbis, you won’t be a passive observer – you’ll actively contribute to complex and meaningful projects that shape the urban landscape. Working within our accomplished team at Urbis, you’ll gain invaluable insights and make a tangible impact on real-world initiatives. Our student roles provide the flexibility of working 3 – 4 days per week, allowing you to seamlessly integrate your internship with your studies.
As an intern in our Economics & Property team, you will:
• Undertake a diverse range of valuation and property-related tasks
• Attend property inspections alongside qualified Valuers
• Undertake on-line title and town planning searches
• Review and summaries lease documentation
• Conduct research, analysis, and contribute to the development of written advice and presentations
• Receive mentoring and coaching to support you in achieving your certified practicing valuer certification
This program will be suitable for those who will be undertaking tertiary studies in a relevant field in 2024, and have a combination of the following competencies and qualifications:
• Be working towards the completion of an accredited valuations course.
• Passionate, hardworking and a great fit for our spirited, collaborative culture at Urbis
• Can communicate with confidence and in a responsive manner, both written and verbally
• Proven skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Which Urbis project, either past or present, would you like to be involved in and why?
Please Note: you must have valid working rights in Australia and be studying throughout the duration of the internship to be eligible for the program. Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.