Join our team at RIC, financing farmers and farm-related businesses for regional community growth. Implement the Internal Valuation Model, complete valuations of RIC securities, utilize digital tools, and collaborate with stakeholders. Exciting opportunity for qualified and experienced valuers.
The Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) is a Federal Government-backed specialist finance provider for farmers and farm-related small businesses. Our loan programs encourage growth, investment, and resilience in Australia’s regional communities.
Your future at the RIC:
As part of the planned evolution of the RIC operating model, we have recently expanded our in-house team, which included building capability and capacity within existing functions, implementing a new loan management system, and establishing a new contact centre to deliver an end-to-end customer experience that better supports farm and farm-related businesses with low-cost loans.
The RIC is now implementing an Internal Valuation Model to complete valuations of existing and proposed RIC securities (Property and Water Licences). As the Property Valuer you will be working as part of a high performing team and will be responsible for the completion of valuations of existing and proposed RIC securities (Property and Water Licences).
It’s an exciting time to join the RIC team as we build on our strong foundations and gain momentum as part of this next phase of our business.
We’re encouraging people to bring their talent, skills, expertise, and energy to make a valuable contribution to support us in creating thriving regional communities and backing Australia’s farming future.
What you will do:
• Completing desktop valuations up to $10M in Market Value
• Escalate higher value valuations to external panel of valuation firms and review completed external valuation reports to ensure they satisfy the RIC’s internal policy requirements
• Completing physical inspections in limited instances
• Utilising the Digital Agricultural Services (DAS) software to access highest level of data and analytics
• Creation and tracking of valuation request through RIC’s workflow tool and liaising with multiple internal stakeholders in relation to records and data to form part of security process
• Providing quality valuation reports in a timely manner, across diverse markets predominately in the commercial and agricultural asset classes.
• Complete proactive reviews of isolated geographic areas of concern
• Ongoing research of property sales, and report preparation in accordance with relevant legislation and professional association standards
You’ll be proud of:
• Working for an organisation that helps to build a stronger Australia through thriving regions
• Joining a workplace that is bold and acts with purpose, is down to earth, embraces difference and acts as one.
• Contributing towards improved capabilities that meet the emerging needs of the business
Is this job for you?
• Located in Orange, NSW with 100% remote base work options considered for the right candidate
• Generous employment conditions such as paid Christmas shutdown leave, salary sacrifice options, health & fitness reimbursement and more!
• Salary range $115,905 to $136,359 per annum + superannuation
• relevant qualifications in software engineering, SharePoint or demonstrated equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in rural and commercial property valuation
• CPV qualification API Membership
• Certificate of Compliance and Risk Management Certificate
• Previous agribusiness banking experience or working within a related regional Australian business
• A strong understanding of the valuation processes
• Self-motivation with accurate research & data management capabilities and the ability to show initiative, ingenuity, and confidence when dealing with senior executives
How to apply:
• Apply through our recruitment portal https://www.ric.gov.au/jobs by submitting a current resume/CV
• Attach a statement of no more than 750 words aligning your skills and experience to the job and the capabilities required to perform it
• Applications close Sunday, 2 July 2023, 11pm
Keen to learn more:
• Visit https://www.ric.gov.au/jobs to learn more about the RIC and view the position description
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a National Police History Check and must have the right to work in Australia
• Reach out to Olivia Meli, Human Resources Officer at [email protected]
The RIC has the right to interview for this position prior to the closing date.
The RIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, safe, and flexible workplace that values differences, supports inclusiveness and encourages all employees regardless of gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation, or caring responsibilities, to achieve their potential. You must have a Permanent Right to Work in Australia to apply for this position.
Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.