What can you expect?
Marsh Valuation Services (incorporating AssetVal) are specialists in valuations of property, infrastructure, plant, and equipment assets throughout the Pacific Region with a strong focus on financial reporting and insurance valuations with no reliance on bank panels or mortgage valuations.
Due to continued growth, both nationally and in Queensland, we are seeking a Property Valuer to join our Brisbane team. As part of the team, you will undertake and assist with large and varied valuation projects for some of the country’s leading organisations in a dynamic team environment.
The role will see you be an important member of the valuations team while undertaking valuations across QLD and the Pacific region for a range of purposes. This role would suit a driven, growth focused individual looking to expand their valuation capabilities and the type of valuations undertaken.
The role offers the opportunity to grow with the business with the support of a major global organisation.
What is in it for you?
We offer following benefits to our employees, so they feel valued each day at work: –
- Variety in the types of valuations you undertake working with leading state, national and international based companies
- Professional and inclusive environment outside of the traditional property and valuation companies
- Growth focused in major global organisation
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- High level of job security with no reliance on bank panels or mortgage valuations and a strong pipeline of work
- Access to valuation professionals throughout the Pacific through our collaborative national operating model
- Flexible work arrangements
- A strong belief that it is a fundamental right that every Marsh employee feels comfortable bringing your whole self to work.
The successful applicant will:
- Apply your advanced knowledge to undertake valuations of varying types of properties for differing purposes
- Work across multiple projects to meet deadlines while managing your time effectively
- Can travel intrastate, nationally & internationally for key client commitments.
- Demonstrate key client relationship management
- Provide expert advice to clients in developing and adjusting project approaches, methodology, and tools to guide valuation programs and initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategies to expand successful business/working relationships with clients to grow the portfolio.
- Lead both small, complex and unique projects and team
- Work as part of a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What you need to have:
Forming a key part of the team, we are seeking an individual that is client focused, motivated and has problem solving skills. You will be committed and thrive whilst working under pressure.
- AAPI with CPV qualification.
- 3 years’+ experience in performing valuations,
- Experience with insurance and financial reporting valuations looked upon favourably
- Growth focused with experience in business development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Logical and analytical mind set
- Availability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 81,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $19 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients.
Marsh Valuation Services, incorporating AssetVal, is a division of Marsh assisting clients with the valuation needs.
For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
Apply now, by sending your resume and cover letter to Harveen Bhinder by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Marsh we recognise that our people have different priorities and commitments. We are passionate about providing an inclusive workplace that supports all our employees in managing those priorities, and we celebrate the diversity of all the family groups that make up our extended Marsh family.
Marsh is proud to be an accredited Family Friendly Workplace www.familyfriendlyworkplaces.com, and a Work 180 endorsed employer. For information on the benefits and policies at Marsh visit www.work180.com and search “Marsh” under endorsed employers.