State Valuations Leader – NSW & ACT
Valuation State Leader – NSW & ACT Opportunity to join global fortune 500 company in a senior valuations role Strong pipeline of contracted valuations with no reliance on mortgage valuations or bank Supportive and collaborative national culture Variety in work with valuations across numerous types of assets
What can you expect?
With a strong focus on growth, this opportunity will see you work on and lead teams for large and diverse valuation projects for some of the country’s leading organisations while leading a dynamic team.
Due to an upcoming retirement, Marsh Valuation Services (incorporating AssetVal) is seeking an experienced and dynamic valuer to lead and continue the growth of our valuation team in NSW & ACT.
Marsh Valuation Services, incorporating AssetVal, is a division of Marsh assisting clients with the valuation needs.
We are specialists in the valuation of property, plant and equipment assets throughout the Pacific Region with a strong focus on financial reporting and insurance valuations in both the public and private sectors. We work across numerous industries and asset classes providing significant variety in the types of assets you would value and places you would see.
Reporting into the Head of Valuations, the role will see you be an important member of the national valuations team, leading and growing our Sydney based team while undertaking valuations across NSW, interstate and internationally for a range of purposes.
This role would suit a driven, organised, growth focused individual with experience in undertaking valuations across a range of industries along with client relationship skills. Joining at a strong growth phase, the role offers the opportunity to develop with the business with the support of a major global organisation.
What is in it for you?
We offer following benefits to our employees, so they feel valued each day at work: –
- Variety in the types of valuations you undertake working with leading state, national and international based companies
- Professional and inclusive environment outside of the traditional property and valuation companies
- Growth focused in major global organisation
- Ability to contribute to the business direction
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- High level of job security with no reliance on bank panels or mortgage valuations and a strong pipeline of work
- Access to valuation professionals throughout the Pacific through our collaborative national operating model
- A strong belief that it is a fundamental right that every Marsh employee feels comfortable bringing your whole self to work.
The successful applicant will:
- Apply your advanced knowledge to undertake valuations of varying types of properties for differing purposes
- Work across multiple projects to meet deadlines while managing your time effectively
- Manage a team of valuers and look to grow the team
- Have strong organisational skills being able to allocate projects and provide oversight to the local team
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with local sales activities with support from the business
- Can travel intrastate, nationally & internationally for key client commitments.
- Provide expert advice to clients in developing and adjusting project approaches, methodology, and tools to guide valuation programs and initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategies to expand successful business/working relationships with clients to grow the portfolio.
- Work as part of a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What you need to have:
Forming a key part of the team, we are seeking an individual that is client focused, motivated and has problem solving skills. You will be committed and thrive whilst working under pressure.
- AAPI with CPV qualification
- 10 years’+ experience in performing valuations
- Previous experience managing people and clients
- Experience with insurance and/or financial reporting valuations looked upon favourably
- Client management experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Logical and analytical mind set
- Strong work ethic
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to train and assist team members and peers
- Availability to travel both nationally and internationally
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 45,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $20 billion and 83,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
At Marsh we recognise that our people have different priorities and commitments. We are passionate about providing an inclusive workplace that supports all of our employees in managing those priorities, and we celebrate the diversity of all the family groups that make up our extended Marsh family. Marsh is proud to be an accredited Family Friendly Workplace www.familyfriendlyworkplaces.com, and a Work 180 endorsed employer. For information on the benefits and policies at Marsh visit www.work180.com and search “Marsh” under endorsed employers.