Valuation and Property Officer
You will assist Council in meeting its valuation requirements for rating, statutory and corporate purposes. The position will also support the management of Council properties and undertake the “day to day” work for the discontinuance and sale of unused roads/laneways
At Whitehorse City Council, community is at the heart of everything we do. To stay ahead of and best respond to the evolving changes and needs of the community, the organisation is undertaking an exciting transformation journey that will transform ways of working and will empower employees to be innovative and constantly striving towards providing excellent customer experience at all times.
– $97, 219k + 10.5% Superannuation
– Permanent Full Time
– Make a difference in the community
About our Transformation:
The five pillars of our transformation focus on:
- Excellent Customer Experience and Service Delivery
- Great Organisational Culture
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Good Governance and Integrity
- Long Term Financial Sustainability
– Tertiary qualifications in valuations and an associate membership of the Australian Property Institute including being a Certified Practicing Valuer, with post admission experience
– Knowledge and familiarity with rating valuations including supplementary valuations and an understanding of the Valuer General approval process
– Knowledge and understanding of asset valuations and insurance valuations and market valuation principles
– Knowledge and familiarity with the principles and practices of budgeting and relevant financial procedures including the ability to undertake reconciliations in relation to revenue as part of business operations
– An understanding of leasing and licencing and knowledge of contract principles
In return, we will offer:
The ability to make a difference – Working at Whitehorse City Council you contribute to making a real difference in the lives of the community and those that live, learn, work or visit Whitehorse. Every day you really will see how the work you’re involved in benefits the diverse community.
Great working conditions – a professional environment, friendly and supportive teams and a flexibility program that promotes employee work life balance.
An extensive Health and Wellbeing offering – Employee assistance program, private health insurance benefits, health checks (skin, hearing and vaccinations), discounted gym membership and facilities (e.g. Theatre, Arts, Leisure) and an active health and wellness program (e.g. stretching, healthy eating demonstrations and health challenges.
Career opportunities – engaging work and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience.
Transformation – We are in a time of transformation to stay ahead of the evolving changes and needs of our community. Together, we are on an exciting journey to empower all of our employees to be innovative, and constantly strive towards continuous improvement.
Further information is available from Zoe Watts on 0479 199 820. We ask that applications please address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close 23 October 2022.
Applications must be submitted via whitehorsecitycouncil.mercury.com.au
Come and join the transformation!