Gordon Brothers is a global, independent, asset advisory and investment firm providing restructuring, asset remarketing, advisory, and capital solutions. Gordon Brothers is headquartered in Boston, with 30+ offices across five continents.
Gordon Brothers asset advisory business conducts valuations for clients who may include banks requiring valuations for lending and investment purposes, corporates who require analysis for M&A, balance sheet or tax purposes, and insolvency officials using valuations for validation of options in an insolvency or restructuring. This may include valuations of retail and industrial inventory, machinery and equipment assets (eg mining equipment, transport assets and other) and other tangible and intangible assets.
We are currently looking for a role in the Gordon Brothers Australian Team for a valuer to work within small project teams to provide advice in relation to and undertake valuations of business tangible assets including machinery & equipment and inventory for the purposes of lending, accounting, M&A and insolvency scenarios.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Analyse financial and other information in relation to our clients
- Valuations research to offering value-added insight into comparable companies and transactions, industry trends and market conditions
- Write and prepare commercially focused and insightful valuation reports
- Liaise with our clients regarding business performance, inventory profile, asset conditions, asset depreciation modelling and marketability amongst other key valuation drivers
- Take ownership for delivery of projects within each team. You will be the key person responsible for preparation of valuation reports, working alongside our analyst team and investment and remarketing professionals.
- Think critically, identify issues and propose strategies related to the advice being provided
- Maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues
- Maintain and expand professional business relationships with existing clients and new client prospects
- Mentor and train junior staff through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance
- Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree and approximately 3 years + of related work experience
- A degree in finance, accounting, economics or business, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis advantageous.
- ASA certification or similar valuation qualifications would be looked upon favourably
- Knowledge of Australian insolvency system not necessary but good to possess
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM beneficial.
- Experience utilising various valuation techniques and methodologies (market comparables, discounted cash flow, etc) and for different purposes (e.g. lending, insolvency, acquisition accounting / PPA) within a business valuation firm or practice or in venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research, national valuation firm or experience in a corporate finance role for an organisation, preferably for lending, insolvency and M&A activities.
- Experience in excel-based financial analysis
- Superior project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple client engagements
- Excellent analytical, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will also have
An open, curious mind which can help us to enhance the way we work and bring creative solutions to client’s problems
Work across multiple projects to meet deadlines while managing your time effectively
Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Strong attention to detail and care for the quality of their work
A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
Gordon Brothers offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, expense allowance, superannuation, time off benefits, and more.
Gordon Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gordon Brothers are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category. Reasonable adjustments are available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
In compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.