About the Role
An opportunity for a qualified Valuer to join our Property Risk Team. As part of the Credit Department, the In house Valuation Team (IVT) supports the business objectives of the Rural Business in relation to the credit assessment and management of agri-loans and loan portfolios. In-house valuers within the rural business provide the requisite property valuations expertise to assist in achieving our business objectives.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Property Risk, you’ll be responsible for verification of property details, analysis of comparable sales evidence, market analysis, appraisal of property values, instruction of Panel valuation firms and review of Panel valuation reports.
Valuers play an important role in the function of the by appraising property values at the request of frontline staff, to form a critical part of their credit submission for the borrower. Providing accurate property appraisals in a timely manner allows greater ‘speed to market’ whilst keeping risk exposure to a minimum.
- Our team is located across Australia, and we are very open to various locations, including work from home/remote.
- If seeking a better work/life balance with hours and work, you’ll find that in this role and team.
- We’re also open to flexible working.
Experience, capabilities & qualifications
- Certified Practising Valuer status
- Associate or Fellow of the Australian Property Institute (API), or RICS equivalent
- Passion for working in the property sector (with a particular focus on agriculture)
- Ability to engage and influence to achieve agreed objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, build relationships and work effectively in an environment where your leader, team member(s) and internal customers may be geographically remote from your own location
- Strong computer skills (database, spreadsheet and word processing)
- Integrity, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sound negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills
What we Offer
At Bendigo and Adelaide bank we believe in the benefits of diversity in our staff and work to foster a respectful and inclusive workplace. It’s central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who’ll bring diversity of thought to our business. We also support flexible work arrangements, so talk to us about how this role could be made flexible so you can better balance your individual needs
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus – then this could be the role for you! Apply now.
It is a condition of employment with the Bank that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have a medical contraindication or acute illness which prevents you from receiving the vaccine and you provide satisfactory evidence of this to the Bank.