Gordon Brothers is a global, independent, asset advisory and investment firm providing restructuring, asset remarketing, advisory, and capital solutions. We have offices throughout Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. There are four business lines in Australia; Commercial and Industrial, Capital, Valuations, and Retail.
Gordon Brothers are looking for an experienced Manager, Machinery & Equipment and Inventory member to join our growing team in Australia. This role has the flexibility to be based in any one of our four Australian offices’ and will report to the Director, Valuations.
The Manager is responsible for a high degree of proficiency in analyzing all quantitative data, determining clients’ industry positions and financial performance, and organizing the solutions that will lead to the successful completion of projects. The Manager will also work in conjunction with the team to provide full analytical support. This includes applying business knowledge and experience to build up valuation models, conduct and apply research, and communicate the results of appraisals in narrative documents.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Work within small project teams to provide advice in relation to and undertake valuations of business tangible assets including machinery & equipment and inventory for the purposes of lending, accounting, M&A and insolvency scenarios
- Analyse financial and other information in relation to our clients
- Valuations research to offer value-added insight into comparable companies and transactions, industry trends and market conditions
- Write and prepare commercially focused and insightful valuation reports
- Liaise with our clients regarding business performance, inventory profile, asset conditions, asset depreciation modelling and marketability amongst other key valuation drivers
- Ownership for delivery of projects within each team. You will be the key person responsible for preparation of valuation reports, working alongside our analyst team and investment and remarketing professionals
- Think critically, identify issues and propose strategies related to the advice being provided
- Maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues
- Maintain and expand professional business relationships with existing clients and new client prospects
- Mentor and train junior staff through effectively delegating tasks and providing daily guidance
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics or business, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis advantageous
- 3 or more years of related work experience
- ASA certification or similar valuation qualifications would be looked upon favourably
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the Australian insolvency system is not necessary but good to possess
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM beneficial
- Experience utilising various valuation techniques and methodologies (market comparables, discounted cash flow, etc) and for different purposes (e.g. lending, insolvency, acquisition accounting / PPA) within a business valuation firm or practice or in venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research, national valuation firm or experience in a corporate finance role for an organisation, preferably for lending, insolvency and M&A activities
- Experience in excel-based financial analysis
- Superior project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple client engagements
- Excellent analytical, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
The Successful Candidate Will Also Have
- An open, curious mind that can help us to enhance the way we work and bring creative solutions to client’s problems
- Strong time management skills being able to work across multiple projects to meet deadlines while managing time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and care for the quality of their work
- A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- The successful candidate must have the appropriate rights to work and live in Australia
Gordon Brothers offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, expense allowance, superannuation, time off benefits, and more.
Gordon Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gordon Brothers are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category. Reasonable adjustments are available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
In compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part of the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.