Kempsey Shire Council is located on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales and is known for its genuine hospitality, pristine beaches, sub-tropical rainforests, mountain ranges, rock river gorges, sprawling farmland and peaceful villages.
We are a dynamic and progressive local government authority, with responsibility for $1.1 billion worth of assets and employing over 330 dedicated employees.
Reporting to the Manager Commercial Business, the Senior Property Advisor is responsible for the maintenance and management of Council property, buildings and other community facilities.
As a leader, the Senior Property Advisor will be responsible for fostering our positive team culture building strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders and leading the team to deliver high-quality outputs.
Required Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you should possess:
- tertiary qualifications in property or business management
- demonstrated experience in managing and developing property including leasing and licencing, property development, acquisition, and all aspects of the maintenance, renewal and replacement of built assets
- demonstrated experience in project and contract management; and,
- demonstrated ability in preparing and calling for tenders, organising quotes, and the supervision and evaluation of property contractors and tradespeople.
You should also possess superior communication skills, sound facilitation and negotiation skills and superior problem-solving skills.
Key accountabilities include
- Manage and coordinate specific property projects to facilitate timely and optimal management of Councils property portfolio
- Analyse property market intelligence and coordinate recommendations for the possible disposal, development, acquisition, leasing and licencing of Council property
- Understand and ensure appropriate land management compliance is undertaken that meets public sector land management policies and procedures, including Crown Land and Native Title standards
- Lead and develop the Property Team in order to provide efficient service delivery, meet performance measures and achieve
- Councils property portfolio objectives and goals
What we can offer you
In return, you will be rewarded by:
- Career development opportunities
- Permanent full-time position, 35 hours per week with a 19-day month
- Employee health and wellbeing programs
- Learning and development programs
- A fantastic lifestyle and work-life balance, with access to Fitness Passport
- Weekly salary of $2,207.38 to $2,484.43 (plus 10% superannuation)
For further information regarding this role please contact Maria Doherty on 02 6566 3200
How to Apply
You must apply via Council’s webpage http://careers.kempsey.nsw.gov.au/ or through Seek. Emailed or posted applications will not be considered.
To download a copy of the Position Description, please visit the job listing on Council’s Careers page at careers.kempsey.nsw.gov.au. It is important to read this carefully to understand what the job involves.
Please click the Apply button (or the Apply for this job in Seek), complete the application form and provide the following information:
- A short statement (maximum 2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities of the role (as listed in the Position Description).
- Your current resume that details your work experience and any other information that is relevant to this role as well as the contact details for two work-related referees from a supervisor or Manager.
We recommend you use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to submit your application.
Applications close: Monday, 31 January 2022 at 4pm
You will receive an e-mail to confirm your application has been received.
NOTE: All correspondence will occur by email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact the Recruitment team on 02 6566 3200 or email [email protected]
Thank you and good luck with your application.
Kempsey Shire Council are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.
Kempsey Shire Council welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and people with a disability.
In addition, Kempsey Shire Council will provide reasonable adjustments for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you require additional assistance to participate in the recruitment process, please discuss with the advertised contact person. You can ask for reasonable adjustments to be made at any time during the recruitment process.