Applications can only be accepted via the government website.
The purpose of the role is to provide property valuation and consultative advice to the Valuer-General and stakeholders on a State-wide basis.
The complexity of the duties performed will depend upon the knowledge, skills and experience of the occupant.
- Perform the range of statutory valuations as required under provisions of the Valuation of Land Act 2001. Complete statutory valuations and assist with quality assurance checking of valuations on a statewide basis working to set timeframes.
- Review valuations for statutory rating purposes, sale, purchase and rental of property undertaken by contract Valuers, on behalf of the Valuer-General.
- Undertake client valuation and compulsory acquisition valuations across Tasmania when required and participate in negotiations towards a settlement
- Provide valuation and consultative advice to the Valuer-General and stakeholders on valuation matters.
- Assist the Valuer-General in the coordination of quality control to ensure consistency of standards, adherence to best practice rating valuations and provide relevant advice on general valuation matters.
- Represent the Office of the Valuer-General as required and liaise with government agencies, councils, contractors and public bodies on Office of the Valuer-General objectives, activities and valuation policy.
- As required, appear as an expert witness in court proceedings in routine valuation matters.
- Contribute to an ongoing review of work practices and implement improved practices that will provide cost-effective and revenue-generating valuation services.
- Perform any other assigned duties at the classification level that are within the employee’s competence and training.