Just Terms & Objection Valuation Quality Manager
The Valuer General NSW (VGNSW) is seeking a Just Terms and Objection Valuation Quality Manager to support the Principal Valuer in providing quality management oversight of the Just Terms and Objection valuation and quality assurance process.
- Ongoing full-time opportunity available within VGNSW
- Location-based in Parramatta and open to other NSW locations (Flexible working options available)
- Generous remuneration package. Clerk Grade 9/10, salary from $113,343 – $124,901 (plus super and annual leave loading)
The Valuer General NSW (VGNSW) is seeking a Just Terms and Objection Valuation Quality Manager to support the Principal Valuer in providing quality management oversight of the Just Terms and Objection valuation and quality assurance process. The Manager undertakes peer review of valuation reports, provides expert technical valuation advice and assists in the development of policy to ensure valuations are appropriately rationalised and supported and comply with statute, policy, case law and contract specifications.
In addition to the above, you will also:
- Assist in the resolution of complex valuation matters, conflicts and disputes in accordance with statute, policies, case law and contract specifications.
- Make and approve valuations in accordance with delegations.
- Provide technical direction to VGNSW staff and stakeholders and provide technical advice to the Valuer General and Deputy Valuer General on the resolution of complex valuation issues.
- Assist in the development of valuation policies, procedures, contract specifications and improvement initiatives to ensure consistent and fair valuation outcomes are delivered to external stakeholders and landowners.
To learn more about the role, please view the role description: Just Terms and Objection Valuation Quality Manager
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Specialist expert knowledge and extensive experience in statutory valuations.
- Expert knowledge of relevant legislation and case law.
- Strong communication, relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- At least a Certified Practising Valuer with Associate member of the Australian Property Institute or Chartered Valuer status with
- Associate membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent.
Our vision is to create thriving environments, communities, and economies for the people of New South Wales. We focus on some of the biggest issues facing our state. We deliver sustainable water resource and environment management, secure our energy supply, oversee our planning system, maximise community benefit from government land and property, and create the conditions for a prosperous state. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
The Housing and Property Group within the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment oversees the management of state government assets, including the management of Crown land, the NSW Government’s social housing portfolio and oversight of strategic use and disposal of government-owned land. The Group also includes the Aboriginal Housing Office, the Valuer General and the Land and Housing Corporation.
Valuer General NSW (VGNSW) is an independent statutory body administratively attached to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE). VGNSW’s vision is to create a world-class valuation system that inspires public confidence and trust.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines their skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: 11:55pm Tuesday 7 December 2021
Enquiries Contact: Paul Chudleigh, Deputy Valuer General at [email protected] or 0417 277 984
DPIE expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to be so.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.