- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
- Located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD
- Work for a rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary property business with a great team culture and company benefits
Who we are:
Urbis is a market-leading built environment consultancy that shapes the cities and communities of Australia for a better future. Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts, working collaboratively to deliver fresh thinking and independent advice and guidance – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
The heart of Urbis is our people, we believe every employee has the right to be invested with good leadership, a competitive salary and career development opportunities. We pride ourselves in empowering our employees and supporting them to be the best they can be. You will have the benefits of salary continuance insurance, generous parental leave policy for both primary & secondary carers, work life balance, health & wellbeing programs and much more.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a proactive and talented Assistant Valuer to join our Compensation and Litigation Team within our Real Estate Advisory practice in Melbourne. You will have the opportunity to work for Australia’s leading property developers, lawyers and Government clients to develop technical abilities effective consulting skills and become a leader in the business over time.
The role will be supported by highly experienced Valuers and Directors, and a market-leading national Real Estate Advisory team.
- Assist in providing valuation advice to a wide range of institutional, private and Government clients.
- Research and analyse property sales and rentals.
- Develop an understanding of compensation principles while valuing a wide range of property types.
- Compile formal written advice and presentations.
- Gain exposure to multi-disciplinary projects covering statutory planning, property economics and urban design.
- Able to effectively prioritise and multi-task.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and through written communication.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret research data.
- A solid understanding of client service principles.