Urban Enterprise provides specialised consultancy services in urban planning, urban economics and tourism.
We have provided high quality strategic, practical and clear advice to a wide range of public and private clients throughout Australia for more than 30 years. Our work is supported by extensive research, consultation and strategic thinking and is used by a range of clients to inform strategies, policies and investment decisions.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Strategic urban planning;
- Urban economics;
- Economic development;
- Property market analysis; and
- Tourism planning and research.
For more information on our company, visit www.urbanenterprise.com.au
Urban Enterprise is seeking to appoint a Senior Urban Economist or Principal Urban Economist to join our growing team of planners, economists and tourism specialists.
The successful candidate will coordinate a team of professionals with a range of skills and qualifications to deliver urban economic projects directly to both private and public sector clients across Victoria and interstate.
The role will suit candidates with qualifications in economics, property and/or urban planning and 5-10 years experience (preferably within a consulting environment) undertaking relevant work, such as economic analysis, economic development, demographic research, property market assessments and demand modelling.
Our wide range of clients, project types and locations requires a strategic and adaptable approach to identifying, justifying and quantifying economic opportunities. The successful candidate will contribute to a range of projects including strategic plans, urban economic studies (housing, retail, commercial and industrial) and tourism strategies.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Skills and experience undertaking and co-ordinating urban economic analysis, such as market assessments, economic impact assessments, economic analysis, demographic analysis, market research, feasibility assessments, business cases and so on; or
- Understanding of, and experience in macroeconomic and microeconomic concepts, issues, analysis techniques and applications;
- Strong understanding of spatial and land issues, such as land use, urban planning, property development and geographic considerations;
- Attention to detail, especially in terms of data, quantitative analysis and spatial analysis;
- High level of proficiency in project management and client and stakeholder liaison;
- Experience presenting analysis and findings to a range of audiences, including clients, stakeholders, community and other;
- Experience training and leading junior staff in a consulting (or other) team environment;
- Ability to problem solve and to apply a range of thinking to different projects and challenges, including spatial, conceptual, strategic and economic issues;
- Ability to innovate and identify new methods, information and media to analyse and explain urban and economic issues.
To express your interest in the position, please forward your CV with a covering letter to Paul Shipp (Director):