Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in our Sydney office:
What can you expect?
Work on large valuation projects for some of the country’s leading organisations in a dynamic team environment.
Marsh Valuation Services (incorporating AssetVal) is continuing to grow both nationally and in NSW and as such are seeking a Senior Valuer to join our Sydney team. We are specialists in valuations of property, infrastructure, plant and equipment assets throughout the Pacific Region with a strong focus on financial reporting and insurance valuations with no reliance on bank panels or mortgage valuations.
The role will see you be an important member of the valuations team while undertaking valuations across NSW and the Pacific region for a range of purposes. This role would suit a driven, growth-focused individual with experience in undertaking valuations across a range of industries. The role offers the opportunity to grow with the business with the support of a major global organisation.
What is in it for you?
We offer the following benefits to our employees so they feel valued each day at work: –
- A strong belief that it is a fundamental right that every Marsh employee feels comfortable bringing your whole self to work.
- Access to leading state, national, and international based companies
- A professional and inclusive environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organisation
- Career and growth-focused with global opportunities
- Great team environment with energetic and supportive colleagues
- Access to valuation professionals throughout the Pacific through our collaborative national operating model
The successful applicant will:
- Apply your advanced knowledge to undertake valuations of varying types of properties for differing purposes
- Work across multiple projects to meet deadlines while managing your time effectively
- Have the ability to travel intrastate, nationally & internationally for key client commitments.
- Demonstrate key client relationship management
- Provide expert advice to clients in developing and adjusting project approaches, methodology, and tools to guide valuation programs and initiatives.
- Develop and execute strategies to expand successful business/working relationships with clients to grow the portfolio.
- Lead both small, complex, and unique projects and team
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What you need to have:
Forming a key part of the team, we are seeking an individual that is client-focused, motivated and has problem-solving skills. You will be committed and thrive whilst working under pressure.
- AAPI with CPV qualification.
- 5 years’+ experience in performing valuations,
- Experience with insurance and financial reporting valuations looked upon favourably
- Growth-focused with experience in business development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Logical and analytical mindset
- Availability to travel both nationally and internationally
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Marsh Valuation Services, incorporating AssetVal, is a division of Marsh assisting clients with the valuation needs.