Non-Practising Membership is the API's membership level for those who have stepped away from the property sector for a period of time. It is commonly used by Members who are on parental leave or Members who are travelling and not working in property for a period of time.
To be eligible for transfer to Non-Practising Membership each applicant must state:
- That they are not receiving any fee, retainer or income from practising in the property sector and
- That their current employment is not benefitted in any way by their property related qualifications
Before applying for Non-Practising membership, please ensure that you are aware of the requirements of transferring back to your current level of membership. Please click here for more information on those requirements.
To apply for Non-Practising membership:
- Download and complete the API's Non-Practising Declaration Form
- Complete the details in the form below (if you cannot see the Form, please Login)
- Upload the Non-Practising Declaration where requested below.
Applications will take up to 4 weeks to process and the API will contact you once your request has been reviewed and a decision made.
API Members who have logged in will see the form below. If you cannot see the form below, please Login to view the form.