Non-Practising Membership is the API's membership level for those who have stepped away from the property sector for a period of time. It is commonly used by Members who are on parental leave or Members who are travelling and not working in property for a period of time.
Two different types of Non-Practising membership are available. The first is Non-Practising membership, the other Non-Practising (Parental Leave) Membership.
To be eligible for transfer to Non-Practising Membership each applicant must state:
- That they are not receiving any fee, retainer or income from practising in the property sector and
- That their current employment is in no way reliant on or enhanced by property related or Company (API) approved or accredited qualifications.
To be eligible for transfer to Non-Practising (Parental Leave) Membership each applicant must meet the following crtieria:
- I do not receive any fee, retainer or income from practising in the property sector and
- My current employment is in no way reliant on or enhanced by property related or Company (API) approved or accredited qualifications and
- I have recently either:
- given birth,
- my spouse or de facto partner has given birth, or
- I have adopted a child under 16 years of age.
Before applying for Non-Practising membership, please ensure that you are aware of the requirements of transferring back to your current level of membership. Please click here for more information on those requirements.
To apply for Non-Practising membership:
- Download and complete the relevant form:
- Non-Practising Declaration Form
- Non-Practising (Parental Leave) Declaration Form
- Complete the details in the form below (if you cannot see the Form, please Login)
- Upload the Non-Practising Declaration where requested below.
Applications will take up to 4 weeks to process and the API will contact you once your request has been reviewed and a decision made.
API Members who have logged in will see the form below. If you cannot see the form below, please Login to view the form.