4.00 Forum - Stamp Duty Update (V191111)
Join us for an update on all the recent changes to the Victorian Duties Act including:
- Updates to the "economic entitlement" provisions which significantly expand the duty base and their potential impact on development agreements;
- Replacing the corporate reconstruction exemption with a concession; and
- Expanding the duty base to include fixtures dealt with separately to land
- Transactions treated as sub sales of land
- Increases to the Land Tax Absentee Owner Surcharge
- Increases to the Stamp Duty Foreign Purchaser Surcharge
- Billy Cusack, Senior Manager - Corporate Tax / Stamp Duty at PwC
- Barry Diamond, Partner - Tax & Legal, Stamp Duty Specialist
Barry is a Tax and Legal Partner at PwC. Barry’s core expertise is advising on stamp duties and other state taxation issues in all Australian States and Territories. He has had over 20 year’s experience advising clients on a broad range of transactions, including significant public/private partnerships, major projects, mergers & acquisitions, demergers and corporate restructures. He also regularly advises on the state tax implications of property developments and property funds management.
Barry is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria State Taxes Committee and a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne, lecturing in State Taxes in the Masters program.
Billy Cusack is a Senior Manager in PwC Melbourne's Corporate Tax and Stamp Duty teams. Billy started his tax career with PwC in Perth, Western Australia in 2013 before moving to Melbourne, Victoria in 2016. Billy has experience advising clients on income tax, stamp duty and land tax issues (in all Australian States and Territories) in relation to structuring, due diligence, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, exemptions and concessions.
|4:00pm to 4:30pm||Networking drinks and nibbles|
|6:00pm||Formal proceedings conclude|
|Light refreshments are included.|
|API Member Standard||$60.00|
|Student Member Standard||$45.00|
Attendance at this event will attract 1.5 CPD Points.
Do you need some assistance?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.
Do you know someone who might be interested in this event? Copy the link to this page and forward to a colleague by email or share on social media.
If you are interested in becoming an API event partner enquire here.