Call for Nominations - Positions on the Board of Directors
Call for Nominations – 2017
Positions on the Board of Directors
The Australian Property Institute Limited
ACN: 608 309 128
Closing Date: 23 March 2017 (5:00pm AEDT)
Call for Nominations
In accordance with clause 9 and Schedule 1 of its Constitution, the Australian Property Institute Limited (the API) is calling for nominations for its Board of Directors. As part of the transitional provisions set out in Schedule 1 of the Constitution and clause 8.30 of the Constitution all Members of the API are eligible to nominate for Board vacant positions in 2017.
Nominations must comply with clause 9.4 of the Constitution.
In accordance with clause 9.4 of the Constitution an API Member must be nominated by another Member to fill a vacant Elected Director position that is to be the subject of an election at the AGM.
Please note that those nominating a candidate and the nominees must be financial Members of the API.
In accordance with the Schedule 1 of the Constitution, three (3) of the First Elected Directors will retire from office as follows:
- National Councilor elected by the NSW Division (Tyrone Hodge)
- National Councilor elected by the VIC Division (Charles Spanjer); and
- National Councilor elected by the QLD Division (Philip Willington)
Those retiring First Elected Directors will, subject to the requirements of the Constitution, be eligible for re-election by the Members as Elected Directors.
The API’s Nominations Committee will consider all Nominees and will recommend to the Board, in accordance with clause 9.4, those candidates meeting the appropriate qualities and skill sets required by the Board.
The Nominations Committee has identified that nominees with financial accumen and/or strategic and governance skills will be more favourably considered.
Note that in accordance with clause 9.1(c) of the Constitution there can be no more than two (2) Elected Directors who reside in the one State or Territory.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors governs the API and has the overall responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the organisation. It is also responsible for the financial viability of the API.
All Board members are required to act in accordance with the Constitution, the API Directors Code of Conduct, the API Directors Responsibilites and Competencies Policy, the AICD Good Governance Principles and Guidance and any other relevant API Policies.
A copy of the API’s most recent annual report can be found at https://www.api.org.au/resources/api-annual-reports
Format of Application
All applications must consist of the following:
- a completed API Nominations Form, with the signatures of two (2) nominators and the nominee;
- a current high resolution ‘passport style’ photograph; and
- a candidate statement – not exceeding 350 words in the required font (Calibri, size 11) and in Microsoft Word format (not PDF). The candidate statement must provide details of the nominee’s history with the API, reasons for nominating for the Board position, address any particular skills being sought by the Committee, personal qualities that would contribute to the Board and details of any actual, perceived or potential conflicts of interest. The candidate statement will be subject to reformatting for distribution.
Lodgement of Application
All completed applications for nomination are to be forwarded to:
The Nominations Committee
C/- The Chairman
PO Box 26
DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600
Or by email to the Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquries relating to the nominations process, please contact the API’s Company Secretary, Mr Nicholas Langley, on email@example.com OR (02) 6122 8700.