Associate Membership without Certification recognises your industry experience.
If you have more than two years of property experience but don’t yet have two years of experience in a particular area of property you can apply for Associate Membership without a Certification. Certifications can be added to Associate membership at any time.
All applicants for Associate Membership are required to meet the API’s Educational and Experience requirements provide work samples for review and sit a professional interview.
All fees include GST however a transaction fee may be applied.
Assessment and Requirements
All applicants must meet API’s academic entry criteria.
All applicants must have at least two years of full time or equivalent property experience achieved within the four years immediately prior to the date of application.
All applicants are required to sit for and successfully pass a Professional Interview.
Associate Members are identified by the post-nominal AAPI. Associate Members receive unrestricted access to the Institute’s full range of services including member rates on all of our professional development and networking events.
Applicants with existing membership of an organisation that has a reciprocity agreement with the API may have a shortened pathway to membership. For more information, please visit our Membership via Reciprocity page.
What documentation do I need to apply?
A copy of your official Academic Transcript which shows your course completion.
Three Referees are required. Each of your Referees will need to complete a Referee Report which can either be returned direct to the API or to the applicant to submit with their application. Referee Reports must be dated within the three months prior to the date of application.
- Three examples (work samples) of the applicant’s work are to be submitted
- Each work sample must have been completed within the six months prior to the date of application
- Confidential information can be removed from the work samples, however, please note that all information supplied is treated confidentially by the API and its examiners.
- Work samples should represent the work undertaken by the applicant over the past six months.
- If the required reports or files cannot be supplied from the applicant’s recent work, then the applicant may be required to prepare these documents.
- Work samples are required to be uploaded during the application process. Please upload your work samples as pdf files. Hard copy work samples are not required.
Applicants must log at least two years of property experience. A new Experience Journal needs to be commenced when your supervisor changes or each six months, whichever comes first. Applicants are required to record valuation/task/job from the most recently undertaken and work backwards to cover the required experience period.
- About the Professional Interview
- Academic Entry Criteria
- Experience Journal template for Associate Membership (Excel)
- Frequently Asked Questions on Membership
- Accredited Courses
- Associate Membership Explanatory Notes
- Referee Report template for Associate Membership