Understanding the International Property Measurement Standard (IPMS) (V180319)
Registrations for the International Property Measurement Standards seminar are now closed.
If you wish to express interest in another of these sessions being held in Melbourne in 2018, please email Christine Collins email@example.com
Key points that will be covered in this seminar:
- Why the need for IPMS
- Understanding IPMS
- Application of the IPMS
- Use of IPMS
- IMPS Core definitions
- IMPS Technical Definitions
- IMPS Office Buildings
- IMPS Residential Buildings
- IPMS Industrial Buildings
- Adjustments between IPMS and other standards
The International Property Measurement Standards Coalition was formed on 30 May 2013 after meeting at the World Bank in Washington DC. The Coalition aims to bring about the harmonisation of national property measurement standards through the creation and adoption of agreed international standards for the measurement of buildings.
The Coalition are working to produce international standards that will enable different classes of buildings to be measured on a transparent basis. IPMS will promote market efficiency through greater confidence between investors and occupiers by providing consistent property measurements for transactions and valuations.
Partner, Transaction Advisory Services
Luke has over 25 years of real estate advisory experience within the Australian and Asian markets where he is working in a variety of organisations including governments, corporates and the private sector, assisting with their property strategy. Specifically, Luke specialises in the property development sector working with companies on their capital requirements including sourcing debt/equity and joint venture partners for complex development projects; lead advisor assisting companies with their acquisitions and divestments and working with governments on their value capture mechanisms for large scale infrastructure projects.
More recently Luke is working closely with investors, developers and governments to understand the Build to Rent Sector and its application in the Australian market. This work includes model builds and reviews, fee benchmarking, sourcing potential equity parties, sourcing potential managers and advising on the potential viability of projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, FINSIA
- Master of Project Management (Property Development) - QUT
- Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute (AAPI)
- Fellow, Financial Services Institute of Australia (F FIN)
- Professional Member if the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Asian Public Real Estate Association (APREA) - Member of the best practice and valuations committees
- International Property Measurements Standards - Member of the Standards Setting Committee
Light refreshments will be served.
|Early Bird - Available until Friday 2nd March 2018|
|API Student Members||$34.50|
|Standard Registration - Available from Saturday 3 March 2018|
|API Student Members||$40.50|
Full attendance at this event accrues 1 CPD point.
Do you need some assistance?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.