2018 SA Rural Conference (S180720)
The 2018 SA Rural Conference will be held in the Coonawarra, home to Australia's best Cabernet Sauvignon.
Coonawarra’s agricultural history began in the mid-1800s when settlers recognised the potential of the flat, fertile plains for sheep farming and fruit growing. Enterprising Scottish settler John Riddoch planted Coonawarra’s first grapevines in 1891, thirty years after establishing a lucrative sheep farm at Penola. While not unique to the region, the terra rossa of Coonawarra is Australia's most famous soil. This prized terra rossa strip is just one-kilometre-wide and runs for 12 kilometres northwest through Coonawarra.
The SA Rural Conference provides the perfect opportunity for delegates to catch up with old colleagues and friends over a quality professional development and networking program.
This year we are kicking off with the Risk Management Module for members requiring to renew this year on Thursday afternoon. The Conference will open with a welcome dinner on Thursday evening including a guest speaker.
THURSDAY 19 JULY 2018 DINNER
We are pleased to have Peter Rymill join us for dinner and share his historical knowledge of the region. Peter has enjoyed writing local history in his retirement, his most recent publication being Penola and Coonawarra, from Foundation to Federation.
FRIDAY 20 JULY 2018
- Ben Gower - CEO, Wattle Range Council
- Andrew Wise, Manager, Agribusiness Property Risk Reviews & Policy, National Australia Bank
- Liz Perkins - Manager, Investement Attraction & Infrastructure RDA Limestone Coast
- David Williamson - Team Leader, Water Planning & Policy, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
- Graham Clothier, Strategy Group, Limestone Coast Red Meat Cluster
- Julian Speed, General Manager- Business Operations, Foresty SA
- Olivia Nunn - EO, Coonawarra Vignerons
- David Brandon - National Manager - Professional Standards, Australian Property Institute
Risk Management Module Details
Thursday 19 July 2018, 2:00pm - 4:30pm
To register for the Risk Management Module please click here.
Thursday 19 July 2018
6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 20 July 2018
|8:30am - 3:00pm|
Includes tea and coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
|Dress code:||Smart casual|
|Registrations close Monday 16 July 2018|
To register for the conference only on Friday 20 July 2018, please click here.
To register for the dinner only on Thursday 19 July 2018, please click here.
You will need to arrange your own accommodation if staying the night in Renmark. There are links below to various accommodation in Renmark.
- Coonawarra Units - Adjoining Chardonnay Lodge - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coonawarra Cottages - 3-5 Mary Street, Coonawarra - email@example.com
- Coonawarra Bush Holiday Park - 242 Comaum School Road, Coonawarra - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coonawarra Motor Lodge - 114 Church Street, Penola - 8737 2364
Full attendance at this event accrues 7 CPD points (1 point for attendance at the dinner, and 6 points for attendance at the conference).
Do you need some assistance?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.