Planning Issues Update (N191018)
This is an invaluable opportunity to get an overview of the current planning issues. Join our two experts, lawyer Dennis Loether and urban planner, Michael Neustein, to get a briefing on the changes.
Topics will include:
- An introduction to LSPS and why it matters
- Strategic reviews and the impact of the Greater Sydney Commission
- Important recent court cases, especially in relation to applications to exceed LEP planning controls
- Standardising DCPs – an update on Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- Trusting government info – the NSW Planning Portal
- Michael Neustein FAPI, City Planning Works
- Dennis Loether, Bartier Perry
Michael Neustein FAPI
Urban Planner and Designer, Director, City Planning Works
In his capacity as an urban planner and urban designer, Michael is considered an industry leader and has provided advice on project planning, design management and the securing of approvals for projects of up to $2 billion value. He has brought to these jobs the combined knowledge of architecture and urban planning now so rare in the specialised construction industry. Michael is a Life Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects, a Fellow of the Planning Institute Australia and a Fellow of the Australian Property Institute.
Partner, Bartier Perry
Dennis leads the Environment and Planning team and has experience advising statutory authorities, local governments and private sector clients. His expertise cuts across all areas of planning and property law, as well as environmental issues.
Over 15 years of practice in environmental and planning law have given Dennis a detailed technical knowledge. Because he has acted for both public and private sector clients, Dennis has the ability to understand competing arguments and see both sides of an issue, which informs his strategic advice.
|API Student Member||$175|
Registration fees are GST inclusive.
Attendance at this event will accrue 3 CPD points.
Do you need some assistance with your registration?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.
Terms and Conditions