GST - Opportunities and Implications with Property and Valuations (N170621)
Presented by Karl Wood, Director, Deal Advisory – Indirect Tax at KPMG, this session will provide a focus on GST in complex property transactions including those involving property development.
Topics to be covered:
- Basic principles of GST and how it applies to commercial premises, residential premises and mixed use property
- GST Margin Scheme - a look at eligibility and application requirements with a focus on some of the implications for mixed use developments
- Supply of a going concern - a look at the requirements for when a transaction should qualify as 'GST-free'
- When should 'residential premises' no longer be considered 'new residential premises' - a look at some of the considerations following the 'Gloxinia' case
- Implications for a change in use with new residential premises, "buy, develop and sell" v "buy, develop and lease (and then sell)" scenarios
- Latest hot issues and recent case law developments including compulsory acquisition, retirement villages, 'storage equities case', unimproved land and option fees
- Overview of the proposed changes to GST law requiring purchasers of new residential premises and land in new subdivisions to remit the GST on the sale directly to the ATO at settlement.
This session is intended to assist those who may be uncertain with the treatment and presentation of GST in different valuation scenarios including 'As if Complete' assessments either on a 'Gross Realisation' or 'In One Line' basis together with valuations of recently completed residential or mixed use projects held in entirety or in part by the original developer.
Deal Advisory - Indirect Tax, KPMG
|API Student Members||$48|
|All fees include GST|
Attendance at this event will accrue 1.5 CPD points.
Do you need some assistance?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.
Terms and Conditions
View the Event Registration Terms and Conditions