Learning Lab: Improving Valuations with Open Data (G190430)
SOLD OUT - This workshop is now at full capacity.
Please bring your own laptop/device to this event. Power points will be available for you to plug in.
This three-hour workshop is being presented as part of the API and IAAO International Research Symposium.
As technology continues to advance, data is not only becoming more accurate, but increasingly cheaper to both capture and store. This has led to an abundance of valuable, insightful data the world over. Some data are easily accessible, provided for free at online portals or through familiar software, while other "raw" sources require much more technical consideration to access and then analyse. Taught by international speaker, International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Valuation Research Project Manager, Paul Bidanset (United States), this hands-on symposium will equip attendees with tools in the following areas:
- What exactly is meant by "open data"?
- Where can this data be found?
- How can this data be mined to glean insight and paired with existing real estate data to improve both accuracy and defensibility of valuations?
The delivery of this session will include:
1. Overview and key takeaways for officials, administrators, valuers and directors who may:
- Defend valuations
- Influence hiring/training of staff
- Affect policy
- Desire a more comprehensive understanding current technology as it relates to the industry
2. Technical details and instruction for appraisers, analysts and information technology (IT) staff who may:
- Create, develop, or fine-tune valuation models
- Manage or manipulate database systems used for valuations
- Conduct ratio studies or quality control (QC)/testing of valuations
|5:00pm||Expected End Time|
Both members and non-members can attend this workshop for only $100 if a ticket is purchased in conjunction with full registration for the API and IAAO International Research Symposium.
All prices are GST inclusive.
Full attendance at this event accrues 3 API CPD Points.
Do you need some assistance with your registration?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.