API Update - New CEO, Strategic Alliance and APIV (T180207)
The API is pleased to announce two developments that will benefit Tasmanian Members: a formal Strategic Alliance between the API and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), and the commencement of the APIV Professional Standards Scheme in Tasmania.
The Alliance brings together the individual strengths of API and RICS to create a world leading professional framework in Australia. API brings its local knowledge and coverage and RICS its global standards and assurance regimes.
Join Amelia Hodge, CEO; Tyrone Hodge, Chair; Rob Hecek LFAPI, Chair of the APIV; and Anna Shin, Acting National Manager - Compliance and Risk (APIV Ltd) and hear about changes that will streamline pathways, regulations and standards for valuation professionals across the country and bring together all property professionals in Australia under common professional standards.
Amelia, Tyrone and Rob will cover:
- the impact of the API opening the APIV Limitation of Liability Scheme (APIV Scheme) to RICS qualified members.
- what the API's adoption of the RICS’ global assurance regime, Valuer Registration (VR), will mean in practice for API Certified Practising Valuers
- the introduction of the globally recognised RICS Redbook as the main industry valuation standard in Australia.
- what a single professional pathway to both API and RICS membership means for new members and their employers
In line with the commencement of the APIV Professional Standards Scheme in Tasmania (which will be effective as of 29 January), Anna’s presentation will focus on:
- What is the APIV Professional Standards Scheme and how does it work?
- Benefits of the Scheme
- How you can become a member of the APIV and participate in the Scheme
- Key compliance obligations of APIV and APIV members
- Other Scheme amendments in progress
Please also take this opportunity to meet Amelia Hodge who has recently joined the API as its new CEO.
|9:30am||Arrival tea and coffee|
Addresses by Tyrone, Amelia and Rob
|11:00am||APIV Presentation by Anna|
This event is available to API Members only. Registration to this event is complimentary for API Members. To attend this event, you must login, register below and check out through the Cart.
Attendance at this event will accrue 1 CPD point.
Do you need some assistance?
A comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section is available to help you with any event registration related question. A few of the common questions are:
- How do I register for an event?
- Why am I not receiving the Member rate for this event?
- How do I make payment?
For the full FAQ list please go to https://www.api.org.au/frequently-asked-questions and look for the API Events sub-heading.