This is a recording of the webinar held on 6 June 2018.
The quantity surveyor plays an integral role as a professional adviser throughout the various stages of the development process.
In the preparation of a feasibility, valuers and other property professionals will typically look to the quantity surveyor for expert guidance on construction costs, timeframes, professional fees, contingency etc.
This session, presented by Tass Assarapin of Mitchell Brandtman, will provide a practical insight into the role of a quantity surveyor including an update on the current state of play within the construction industry.
Topics to be covered include:
- An understanding of what a quantity surveyor (QS) does and how they assist financiers and their clients on a project
- An explanation on the different types of building contracts
- How does a QS determine cost? How does a QS determine timeframe? How does a QS deal with contamination?
- Dangers of Preliminary, DA Costings or other report types as opposed to bank costings
- What are some of the triggers that drive costs up?
- What encompasses professional fees? Indicative professional fees allowances (pre/post DA)?
- Indicative construction rates (Sydney CBD and Metro) across all sectors (commercial, retail, industrial and residential)
- Current market conditions and an outlook on costs
This technical session is ideal for those undertaking development valuations and/or feasibility assessments across all asset classes, however, is also suitable for those seeking a current update on the construction industry.
On passing the quiz on this webinar you will be awarded 2 CPD points.