Brooke Parish joined JLL in December 2016 and was appointed to Associate Director, Public Sector Valuations, South Australia. The Public Sector Valuations teams provides comprehensive property valuation and asset management services to public sector entities for financial reporting, insurance, asset modeling, acquisition and disposal purposes covering all major asset classes including land, buildings, plant, equipment, machinery, infrastructure and cultural and heritage collections.
Brooke was born and educated in Adelaide and has extensive valuation skills across all facets of real property including residential, commercial, development, industrial, retail, rural, agricultural enterprise and institutional assets within South Australia, Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory for the public and private sectors.
JLL acquired Australian Valuation Service (AVS) where Brooke was a Senior Valuer and she has also held the same level position with m3 Property Strategists, Adelaide. Prior to m3 Property Strategists, Brooke was employed with the Australian Valuation Office (AVO) for seven (7) years undertaking a broad spectrum of valuation including asset test, statutory rating and taxing assessments, leasehold valuation, insurance assessment, acquisition and compensation, financial reporting and rental determination of public and privately owned assets. Whilst at the AVO, Brooke was the national project manager for Defence Housing Australia (DHA) and was commended for her management and customer delivery focus by both AVO and DHA.
Brooke has also been employed with Adelaide City Council and private valuation firms undertaking a range of valuation and property research roles to build her experience, profile, career and property knowledge base.
Brooke became a FAPI this year and has held the following positions within the API:
- Divisional Councillor/State Committee Member 2011 - Current.
- President of South Australia and Northern Territory 2014-2016
- National Education Board SA Representative 2012 – 2014
- Senior Vice President 2013 – 2014
- Junior Vice President 2012 - 2013.
- Treasurer 2011 - 2012.
- National representative at the API the Young Property Professionals Summit in Sydney 2012.
- API representative on the South Australian Integrated Land Information Service (SAILIS) consultative body 2015 - 2016.
- API representative on the Stakeholder Reference Group Land Services Commercialisation Project 2016.