Increasing awareness of our Institute and the profile of our professionals through considered advocacy will enable members to unlock greater value in their profession while enabling the API to diversify and enhance its member base.
|PURPOSE:||to advocate on property matters and leverage the voice of the API|
|BRAND:||to build brand awareness through independent, objective and authoritative advocacy that promotes the relevance of our members and the credibility of our Institute.|
The API sets and maintains professional, entry and ethical standards which our Members are bound by. It is because of this that stakeholders and government seek our impartial and expert advice on matters which impact the property sector.
The API has Members across the property profession. This means that the API not only has the expertise to provide a wide range of advice to an equally wide range of stakeholders, we provide that advice to stakeholders in line with the API core objectives - Independent, Objective and Authoritative.
Recent advocacy projects
- Formal Advice on Intellectual Property in Valuation Reports
- Draft State Environmental Planning (Coastal Management) 2016 and Draft S.177(2) Local Planning Direction - Coastal Management (NSW)
- Review of the Convenancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2010 and the Convenyaning Process in NSW
- Strata Titles Amendment Bill 2017 (WA)
- Statutory Review of the Residential Parks (Long Stay Tenants) Act 2006 (WA)
- Strata Titles Act Reform (WA)
- Draft State Planning Policy 3.7 - Planning for Bushfire Risk Management (WA)
- Retail and Commercial Leases Act (SA)
For more information about Advocacy please contact:
National Manager – Member Services and Advocacy